CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 May 2006

i feel like a drowned cat...

So it's been raining since Friday. It sucks. I'm glad that we're getting the moisture because the ground really needs it, but it's dampening my spirits. I didn't even leave the house yesterday, although I can't really complain too much about that. It seems like we're always on the run doing something so it was nice to have the day to get some much needed homework done and I even got to watch a movie.

This weekend wasn't too exciting. Friday night Mark and I tried out this new Italian place by our house and then rented Walk the Line. It is definitely my new favorite movie. I've seen it 4 times now and I think it's just fantastic. If you haven't seen it and like Johnny Cash music it's definitely a must see.

Saturday I pretty much got everything unpacked and did some cleaning. Then we went to the bike shop and I ended up getting a new bike. I'm really excited about it. It's a lot better than my old one and I'll now be able to get out and exercise on it, after it stops raining of course. We then spent about 2 hours at REI so Mark could pick out a new pack. It was very exciting (please note the sarcasm in that sentence). Saturday night we met up with Tom and his brother and ate at Pizza Luce and went to the Shout House. Both were a good time.

So now I'm back at work starting a new week...Yay! I've found that the work environment here doesn't suit me as well as others have. I basically work alone with very little interaction with any of my co-workers. It's really hard for me to not have anyone to talk to, but I'm getting through. I have lots to do and the more I get done now the sooner I get to the fun part of the project. I did have lunch today with someone from my program at school which was intersting. I was hoping he'd be more fun and interesting, but at least he's a lunch buddy!!

Back to the daily grind!! Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laugh as I read this post. Only because I know what it would be like to not have anyone to talk to for a whole day. It would be awful...we both know that we both like to talk. What kind of bike did you get?

Laura said...

At least you have the world of bloggers to talk to! I'll always be here! :)

randi said...

I bought a specialized rock hopper, I'm not sure of the model, but it's a 2005 bike.

rae rae said...

Yay for sunshine today! (Tuesday!) Thanks for the movie suggestion... I'm going to rent it this week!

randi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
randi said...

I'm so glad that it's sunny today!! I hope you enjoy the movie. Let me know what you think!

AJ said...

I really liked Walk the Line too! And......nice bike!

Jon said...

Does this mean you're ready to hit the hardest bike trail in the UP?