CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

24 May 2006

this morning these made me cry... (see bottom of message for explanation)

ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk..
FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.

So now I'm sure you're saying to yourself, it's just silly forward why were you crying. Well because I feel like my boyfriend is pulling away from me yet again and I don't know what to do about it. He's going through some stuff right now (nothing major, just growing pains), but he won't talk to me about it and he'd rather hang out with his friends. We've hardly said anything to each other in the past 5 days unless we're arguing and I'm just really tired. This has happened before (many times) and I just hate it and don't know what to do. I know that compared to some of the things that you all are going through this is just small, but my heart hurts and that makes me sad. I can't make him want to share things with me. I can't make him want to hang out with me. And sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be good enough to hang out with instead of his friends. *shrug* I don't know. It's all so hard to explain and I'm trying so hard to work it out in my head. I tried to talk to him last night, but he went out with one of his friends and got drunk so it was useless. I slept in the downstairs bedroom by myself and only said necessary words to him this morning when I left. I love him so much that it makes me crazy, but I hate hurting like this too. We'll work it out I'm sure...it just might be a bit painful in the process. Thanks for listening.

10 comments:

rae rae said...

No words of wisdom here, just know that I'm thinking about you and your situation... and I'm sure we've all been there!

Thanks for the list - I've forwarded it on to a few people...

Erika said...

Come over and talk to me anytime. You know where I live. :)

Laura said...

You know I'm boy retarded (I married my first boyfriend) so I have no words of wisdom, I hope that you are able to work things out and they get better!

YGS said...

I wish you the best of luck in working things out. Relationships are tough, they take work. Try your best to communicate and things will get better. :)

Danielle Michelle said...

Just remember that you should have to want to feel important enough, you should already know that you are...and if you don't feel that you are maybe you need to take some RANDI TIME away from him and reasses the situation. Yes, relationships take compromise...but remember, from BOTH parties. One can't give 90% and only recieve 10% back all the time. I always ask myself, even in a tough situation,"Am I happy?" If you have to think about that then maybe it's time to decide what would make you happy. I hope that helps. Men are such a pain in the ass. If you ever want to chat feel free to drop an e-mail!

AJ said...

Not that I'm an expert, but Mark sounds similar to JR in that he doesn't talk about things. It was a really hard adjustment for me at first because I talk about EVERYTHING (as if anybody didn't know that!!). But now I've accepted that he just doesn't talk about everything, but if it's something I feel is important that we talk about, I try to wait until we have the time and then I tell him we need to. We've both kind of adjusted to eachother in that manner.

What I can say is that the first year of living together is TOUGH!! But I figure now we won't have that first hard year when we're married, we've already gone through it. It's learning how to deal with, live with, and still stay with eachother!

Crystal said...

AJ is right. Living together can be a challenge for the first year or so. And men are naturally noncommunicative; society has pressured them not to discuss their feelings because it shows signs of wimpiness (that's just my unprofessional theory). I hope things get better soon!

Lesley said...

so sorry you are blue, but I love the list, and your posting it just reminds me of what a sweet kind person you are...

Anonymous said...

Randi, you know that I always come running to you for advice so its comes as no surprise that I have none to offer you, but just know that I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»