CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

18 May 2006

the cube world...

Now I'm assuming that most of you either work in a cube environment or have worked in one. If you haven't, you're not missing much!! Best Buy was my first experience of the sort and I really enjoyed it. But, here at 3M it's a different story. There is this lady that sits just kiddy-corner from me who talks ALL DAY LONG and she has one of those voices that just annoys the poo out of me. I can't even tune her out with music because they don't all that here at 3M. She talks about the most random stuff and it's all just stupid. Her latest comment was to a guy whose planning to take a vacation up north and stay at a cabin. She asked him if they allowed dogs at the cabin and he said he didn't know. Her reply was, "Well, you don't go on vacation and leave your family at home." While I agree that a dog is a part of your family, they don't need to go everywhere with you. That's why there are dog sitters. GGGGRRRR... I can't wait to go back to Best Buy.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Get an ipod nano....they are super small and the earbuds aren't too noticeable!

YGS said...

I hear ya! I sit next to this lady who is in some weird diet. On Mondays, she can only drink shakes and she is so mad at the world!

Crystal said...

I work in the kewlest place where we have our own offices, complete with a door and window and adjustable heat and AC. However, even with my door closed I can still hear my friend Petra from down the hall. When that girl's on the phone she talks SO loud. It can be distracting.

Lesley said...

hopefully you can use headphones, as long as you can hear the phone, what's the problem? I am a loud talker (like you didn't know that) but also my last cube was the worst, an angle rather than a cube that was a major traffic path and was open to two coworkers. Who are nice people, but anyone can get on your nerves at some point. We at least would tell each other to dial it down which helped. I would use headphones when I needed and book a free conference room if I really need to concentrate. Now I miss those coworkers because I am going a bit batty being home alone all day. and I need to get more work done instead of chatting. miss you, come visit soon!

Laura said...

Bring a fork with you to work, you're only there for a short time, tell her if she doesn't shut up you WILL poke out her eyes with said fork.

Erika said...

They're excited to have you back here as well. :)
Steve won't have anyone to laugh at his jokes until you return. I printed out a fun poster for you here too.
And you thought Eray was annoying, pah! ;)

AJ said...

Oh the life of cubes, the guy who sits next to me randomly launches things at me, or sneaks his phone over the top wall of the cube and uses it to take a wierd picture of me. He then emails me the picture.

When he does it I usually tell him a story of how in the AGD house we use to sneak and take pictures of eachother in the shower:)