I usually only post things that pertain to me...I know it's kind of selfish, but you all read it so I figure hey, why not!! But today I have something else to talk about...
This morning Zacarias Moussaoui was sentenced to life in prison. He is the only person that has been charged for the 9/11 attacks on the US. I've been keeping updated on the case and here are my thoughts...
I'm glad that he was sentenced to life in prison rather than death. While he is one of the most horrible people I could ever imagine, killing him would have made him a hero of sorts and that is the last thing I want. Instead he will be rotting in a federal maximum security prison in Colorado. I hope they treat him terribly and that he lives out the rest of his years in pain, just like all the families of the 9/11 victims will.
Now French officials have stated that they will try to get Moussaoui sent to France to serve out his sentence. Why? I'm not quite sure, except for that he is French. Moussaoui's mother is quoted as saying "Now he is going to die in little doses," she said. "He is going to live like a rat in a hole. What for? They are so cruel." Who's cruel?? He could have helped prevent at least some of the devastation that happened on 9/11 but rather chose to keep his mouth shut. Instead thousands of people suffered that day as they died and their friends and families still suffer for the loss of their loved ones. Like I said I hope he rots in prison.
I don't like war. I support the war because not supporting it would mean not supporting the troops that are fighting for our country. But that doesn't mean that I agree with the circumstances that surrounded its beginning and now surround its continuation. I have my opinions on the war in Iraq, but I don't expect others to agree with me. But when will it be over? Are we going to be at war for the rest of our lives? For pretty much everyone that reads this that's another 40-80 years!!! We will never stop all the terrorists, there will always be people who hate the US and think we're a bully, and there will always be crazy people who are happy when others are hurt. I just don't ever see an end to the war that we've started and I'm scared for my friends that are and will be fighting in Iraq and other places throughout the world.
Feel free to share your thoughts. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Like I said this is just my point of view and I don't expect that everyone agrees with me. Thanks for listening/reading. :)
04 May 2006
this guy makes me sick...
Posted by randi at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
But why do they have to send him out to this beautiful state!? I'm wondering how long he'll make it out here, we're all pretty patriotic.
Post a Comment