CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22 May 2006

growing pains...

We're growing up. It's a fact that is sometimes hard to stomach. Everyone is getting married, having babies, joining the corporate world, buying houses, and just basically taking on more responsibility. Here's my opinion on it all: it sucks. Just kidding. It's great to grow up and become a "real" adult, but at the same time I can't help but look back and remember all the fun that we used to have. School was great, we drank, partied, frolicked, generally had a great time, and only did the necessary amount of studying. It was fantastic. I'm so thankful that we had all those times together. Changes are hard to deal with, but they are necessary (or that's what i keep telling myself). We now have to find new ways of having fun, meet new people to have said fun with, and generally move on to a new phase of life. I know I'm behind the curve as far as all of this goes and you all have probably already figured all of this out, but damn it I miss you guys. Sometimes I wish for the days when I could call up some friends and within a half hour everyone would be sitting on the deck at the DT having some beers. I miss the talks, the laughs, and (sometimes) even the drama. It was great. But the key word is WAS. It's time to grow up, move on, and look toward the future while remembering the past. So who wants to go have a beer??

5 comments:

Laura said...

I miss you too! It's a sunny day here, perfect for sitting on the deck. I'll meet you at the DT. I'll get the first round.

alanna rose said...

I'll join you, remember how a DT burger was the world's greatest food during bubble?

Unknown said...

Ah, don't rush growing up too fast... cause really it can be a drag. :-)

And that beer? If I lived local, you betcha. Cause I'm not ready to totally FORGET those times either!

Danielle Michelle said...

Oh no, we can't leave them behind completely. It's more about priority now, not replacing! What I wouldn't give to be double fisted at Double Bubble right now!

Kara said...

I miss hanging out with you too....please move over to West Michigan. Laura and I can then go have a beer with you (well in 6 months or so) We can leave the kids at home with our hubbies.

I love the DT deck.