CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

02 April 2008

feeling worthless...

So it seems that I can't do anything by myself lately. Here are some examples...

1. Sunday night the smoke detector started beeping at around midnight. So in my sleepy state I crawled up on a chair to change the battery in the smoke detector in the hallway (which is the one I thought was dying). So I pulled it down only to realize it's wired into the ceiling so I can't take it all the way down. After struggling with it and trying to pry it open I finally called Mark and woke him up. It turns out that that particular smoke detector is hard wired to the house and doesn't take batteries. No wonder I couldn't get the stupid thing open. So frustrated and confused I crawled back into bed and put the pillow over my head only to hear beeps again a half hour later. Somehow I realized it was the one in the other bedroom so I crawled up on a chair again, took it down and replaced the battery. I put it back up on the ceiling and started walking out of the room and the bastard beeped at me again. So I took it down took the battery out and left it on the bed. I was frustrated because a. I should have never had to call Mark and b. I felt stupid.

2. Last night I decided to disassemble my gun and clean it. We shot the weekend before last and I hadn't cleaned it yet. So I got it all disassembled and cleaned up nice and pretty like. Then I went to put it back together. Stupid thing won't go back together. I got the barrel back on and everything else back together, but there's a pin that goes up through the barrel and holds everything together. Well I can get it in, but can't swing it closed. You'd have to see a picture to understand. I tried and tried for like 20 minutes and I couldn't get it to work. I ended up calling Mark (because he did it for me last time) and he couldn't give me any advice. So now it's still in pieces because I got too frustrated and gave up.

I seriously feel like I can't do anything on my own without at least one (or more) calls to Mark. It's so not fair or fun. I can't even put my new bike seat on because I don't have the right tool, but Mark does and it's up north. So I can't even do that on my own...because I'm too cheap to go out and buy the tool when he already has it. GGGRRR...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally sympathize with you. That is exactly the way I have been feeling lately! I can't do anything around here without calls to Dad or Paul. UGH!! Utterly worthless is how I feel too :-(

Anonymous said...

there's no shame in knowing when to ask for help. it saves you time.