CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 April 2008

something to look forward to...

I wanted to take a vacation this month, but I just can't afford to take the time off. If I don't work I don't get paid and with not knowing when our house will sell and if I will be unemployed for awhile I just don't want to take the chance. So I'm going to take two mini vacations.

Vacation #1: April 25th - 27th
Location: Houghton!
Yes ladies and gentlemen Shanon and I are going to Houghton for Senior Walk. I am sure craziness will ensue. :)

Vacation #2: May 2nd - 4th
Location: Chicago

I can hardly wait. Two Fridays off in a row. I'm in desperate need of some R&R.

Other good things today...For lunch I went to a Jamaican restaurant in South Minneapolis with a couple guys from work. I had jerk chicken with red beans and rice. It was SO yummy. Hopefully it doesn't revisit tonight when I'm biking. :)

Cancel that...no biking tonight. Melissa's sick so she had to cancel. Bummer.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Random.. where are you gals staying next weekend... and if you are up for additional craziness could you handle say... me?

KB said...

Hey Randi, it's Kaitlin Barklow, just wanted to let you know that Mike and I have discovered a GREAT tasting energy/protein bar at REI, and when I noticed that the label says glueten-free, I figured I would have to pass it along to you! I'm sure you've found energy bars and things that work for you, but we try a LOT of that stuff, and these are the best tasting products in our opinion! The name is Honey Stinger, and they make bars and gels, and it's all honey based. Our favorite bar flavor is the dark chocolate cherry. Here's a link from REI's website. http://www.rei.com/product/744310

Jericho Rose said...

Sonya called me about going to Senior Walk......ohhhh. Who are you visiting in Chicago? Maria? You should let me know and I could possible come down.

Kara said...

Yay for some mini vacations. You deserve it. Wish one of your vacations would take place in lower Michigan :)

Laura said...

Do you know how jealous I am of your going to walk? It's been 5 years since my last one. Yep, FIVE LONG YEARS.