CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 March 2008

weekend recap.

After a rough start to the weekend Mark and I made some more interesting memories. Friday night I got up there and we went to Mexico Lindo, the BEST Mexican restaurant in the Duluth area, with Mark's parents for dinner. We spent the rest of the night just hanging out and relaxing. Saturday we got up and headed up to Lake Vermillion to watch some snowmobile skipping. It was definitely an interesting day. (The pictures below are from that day.) Basically people take their snowmobiles and run them across a patch of open water on the lake. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't, but it's definitely interesting to watch. There was a bit of drinking (mostly on the part of others) and lots of snowmobiles stuck in the water. We spent about 4 1/2 hours out there and had a great day. We were so tired by the end of it all that we went out for dinner and ended up crashing early. It was a super fun day. Today we went to the World of Wheels in Duluth and looked at lots of classic cards and then did some errands. Overall it was a really busy, but fun weekend. Enjoy the pictures...the robin is one that has taken up residence in our front yard. I'm not sure how he/she flies.

3 comments:

rae rae said...

Looks fun! That robin IS fat, holy crap!

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Head. That does look pretty fun to watch.

alanna rose said...

I have a special fondeness for the guy in camo waders floating on the chunk of ice.. haha!