CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19 March 2008

what an exciting night...

It all started a couple of weeks ago when a random number started calling my cell phone. The caller never spoke English, but I tried (and failed) to tell them to stop calling. They would call I'd swear at them and hang up and they'd call right back. Fun, right? Well, last night they called me twice during the day and then at 11:30 last night. They woke me up out of a sound sleep and when I hung up on them they called back twice. Talk about freaking someone out. So when today they called twice during the day and two more times in the evening I had had enough. I was officially freaked out. I tried doing a reverse phone number lookup online, but it didn't give me any information. I then called the cell phone company to see if they could block the number...nope they could only block ALL numbers. Yeah that's going to work *sarcasm.* So I asked what it would take to change my number...it would cost $36. I'm not paying $36 because someone can't figure out how to dial the phone. Frustrated, I called the all knowing boyfriend to see what I should do. He suggested all the things I'd already tried (gee thanks) and then told me to call the local police. So that's what I did. A lady there took my statement and they sent an officer to my house. When she got here she asked me some questions and then called the number and told them in broken Spanish to stop calling my number. Hopefully that works...if not things could get interesting. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll be sleeping with the policewoman's card under my pillow tonight just in case. :) Sometimes I really hate living by myself. At this point I'd be satisfied with either a boyfriend or a dog. Either would work.

4 comments:

AJ said...

I'll give you my dog:)

A guy I work with had the same cell phone issue. He changed his number. The guy calling him kept telling him to stay away from his wife. Yikes! My friend didn't even know anyone by the name the guy was giving him.

Jen said...

I don't understand cell phone companies... why would anyone want to have all numbers to the cell phone blocked??? Does anyone actually use that option?

I have a friend where something similar was happening to her. Both of her parents are cops so she got them involved and the calls stopped. Hopefully this will be the end to your calls too!

Danielle Michelle said...

Too bad you aren't here. Everyone speaks spanish and I'd have someone tell them off for you!

rae rae said...

You could give me the number and my Kus could call them ... if it's Spanish.