Have you guys heard about the controversy about re-using plastic bottles? Maybe I'm slow, but I hadn't heard about it until about a month ago. I've been trying to find information online, but everything seems really whishy washy. Here are two articles I read on the subject.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/12/24/polycarbonate.worries.ap/index.html
http://www.thegreenguide.com/doc/114/nalgene
It's kind of alarming, but at the same time I hate to throw away or quit using all of my bottles. Do you guys have any information/opinions??
04 March 2008
plastic bottles...
Posted by randi at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
But neither really say what it can do to you. What are the real concerns?
You're right...wishy-washy. I'm gonna keep using mine until there is something a little more concrete.
From what I understand the problem comes in when you heat or put warm drinks into the plastic bottle which then leaches the offending chemicals into the liquid......just what I heard :-)
For some reason that just posted me as Paul....it was actually me...Sam, Paul's better half ;-)
I posted about my new bottle on my blog a month or two ago. I switched to alumninum - a SIGG water bottle. I LOVE it since it keeps my water cooler longer.
Hmmm, this is very interesting to me....the chemical side of me says that we ingest chemicals and metals that we don't mean to all the time...from aluminum cookware (even the anodized and hard anodized stuff), from drinking water from old pipes, from walking in industrial ares, etc.
But since they used the word 'hormone' it freaks me out.
It also makes me wonder what else that can come from...milk jugs, tupperware, etc?
Post a Comment