Do you ever have days when you know the minute you wake up that things aren't going to go your way? Well, this morning was one of those for me. I was supposed to head down to our new Shakopee store this morning to help with the final merchandising before the grand opening so I got up early and got ready. As I was walking out the door I'm thinking to myself...wow what a nice morning, too bad I have to go to work. Then bang, the door shuts and I think oh shit. Guess who doesn't have their keys...Yup, this girl. :) So I made a few frantic phone calls to the realtor and Mark trying to figure out how to get back in when I finally made peace with the fact that I wasn't going to and started walking to the local 'Bou. So now I'm sitting here with a yummy Hot Apple Blast, working, and waiting for the realtor to call me back. Oh what an exciting start to the day. Hopefully this is the end of my misfortunes for the day.
Question for you all...what do people do when they lock themselves out of the house and don't have a realtor to call and let them back in?
Edit: The realtor called, laughed at me and came to let me into the house. I promptly went to Ace hardware, got a new key made and put it in its hiding place. :) Now it's off to take my Italian exam. Wish me luck!
22 October 2007
it's better than calling in sick...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Have you tried the windows? One should be unlocked, right? :) or patio doors - those usually can come off... I have a doorman for when I lock myself out! :) Have a good rest of the day!
I helped Bolte climb in a window once. ;) I keep a key hidden outside my house.
I have a key hidden in my garage.
One time, a neighbor came over and broke in using a credit card (luckily we didn't have a deadbolt) - or is that unluckily? LOL
I one sat in my garage for a few hours waiting for the AAA man to break me into my car so that I could get my keys.
Once, my parents had to break a basement window and send my brother in to unlock the house.
I always have a window unlocked....and when I have to use it I pray the neighbors don't see my big butt going through the window.
I had to call the locksmith. $55 later I was safely in my house again.
I have no idea what I would do if I locked myself out. We have a punch code for the garage, but if that was locked, I have no clue. I guess I should maybe give a neighbor a key or a friend so I have it in case of emergencies.
Not only did Heather help me climb in a window once, a few months later Brad had to do the same thing!
Post a Comment