So after my success at Madwoman's on Tuesday I decided to try out another gluten-free bakery in St. Paul that a girl at work had told me about. This time I stayed away from the sweets, even though they looked amazing, because I figure my waist would appreciate that. I did buy a loaf of bread, foccacia, and a baguette and all three (yes I tried them all) were really tasty. Especially the bread. It was really similar to a multi-grain bread, but was also a tad bit sweet. VERY YUMMY! I used the baguette to make a sandwich for dinner last night and it tasted almost like normal bread. Overall I'm a very happy camper this week. I will definitely be making return trips to try their other products. The only down side to all of these things is that they are generally a lot more expensive than non-gluten free items. For example, the loaf of bread was $8.25 and it is about half the size of a regular Sara Lee loaf of bread you get at the grocery store. Oh well, I'm only feeding one and my tummy appreciates my consideration. :)
25 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's great, Randi! My coworker Sam was just diagnosed with celiac's disease, so now I'm always asking him about non-gluten foods.
Did you know bakery items like bread freeze really well? If one of these places offered day-old bread in the morning you could buy a bunch of it and stick it in the freezer.
And the reason I said day-old bread is because it would be way cheaper than the day-of stuff and would just be 24 hours older which IMO doesn't matter. Like you would eat an entire loaf of bread in one day and would therefore not settle for purchasing something a day old.
OK, stop rambling, Crystal... :)
I thought you might like reading this post: http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2007/10/25/one-gluten-free-day/
I found it interesting and have a new-found respect for you non-gluten eating people! :)
Hooray again!
Post a Comment