When I came back to Best Buy our lab was temporarily without a manager. About a week after I started they hired someone new. He's 26 and a former Geek Squad guy. I always kind of wondered how you could be 26 and a manager until yesterday. I was interested to learn that he doesn't have any sort of formal degree and has been working at Best Buy for years. He's a smart, ambitious guy and I can see him schmoozing his way up the corporate ladder. So that makes me wonder...is all the debt that I incurred, am incurring while an undergrad and grad student worth it?? Will my degrees really take me any farther than if I had just started working right out of high school? Mark assures me that there will come a time in my bosses life when he won't be able to go any further because of his lack of education, but what about the combination of actual experience and ambition?? Does that make up for it in the long run? Just something I'm thinking about...
I'm REALLY excited for the weekend. I wish it was here now. After work tonight we're headed to Mark's family cabin until Monday and then we'll head back into Cloquet to spend some time with my mom and I think Mark is going to go fishing. It's going to be a really nice, relaxing long weekend. It'll be great. :)
Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a safe and happy holiday!!
30 June 2006
was it all really worth it?
Posted by randi at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yes it was! Where else can you find so many great friends?
Post a Comment