CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 June 2006

*whew*

The past few days have been mildly crazy, but fun in their own right. :) Here's a run down.

Friday was my last day working at 3M. Thank goodness. The people there were nice, when they talked to me. The project was interesting and I learned a lot and now have some more valuable stuff to add to my resume, but it was just BORING. I worked in the Finance department so basically they were all introverts and anyone who knows me knows I'm exactly the opposite. So not having anyone to talk to all day sucked. Plus they didn't let me play music or use headphones so I found it was hard to concentrate. I am able to do a lot better when I have music to listen to while working. I worked until 4:30, which is the latest I have worked on a Friday while being there, and then headed up north for the weekend with a short pit stop in between to pick up Mark and our stuff.

Saturday was my sister's graduation party. I made bruschetta and helped my mom cut up random other stuff, plus I was sent on a mission to buy booze for the occasion. Of course that wasn't even a challenge for me! The party was fun. I got to see a lot of relatives and hang out for awhile. Late in the afternoon Mark and I headed up to Lake Vermillion to camp with his family for the evening. The rest of the day was spent eating dinner, chatting, and hanging out by the fire while making S'mores!

Sunday we went fishing. Now I grew up in Northern Minnesota, but I've never been fishing. I have however spent a great deal of time on the water which makes my current predicament all the more interesting. I stupidly did not apply sunscreen even though we were out on the water for 5 hours, but I did manage to get some on my face and ears. Needless to say my chest, back, arms, and tops of my legs are red, hot, and sore. Poo. But, my first fishing experience went well and I think there will be repeats even though we didn't catch anything.

Today is my first day back at Best Buy. I'm so happy to be back. I spent the morning setting up my cube (Erika I stole most of the stuff from your old cube :)) and getting myself situated. I already have a list of things to do this week. One guy was at my desk at 8:30 letting me know what was going on with his solutions for the week. Hehehehe. Anyway, it's good to be back where I'm comfortable.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

Kara said...

How long will you be working at Best Buy? Is this temporary?

I am glad to hear that you are back at a place you enjoy working. It makes all the difference.

Laura said...

I wanna see a burnt little Lovehandle! Hurrah for working at a happy place.

Lesley said...

yeah to feeling comfortable. silly girl, of course you need sunscreen!

Erika said...

lemme guess... Mark was at your cube at 8:30. :)
Hope the new boss is fun.
Keep me posted on the goings on. And I am happy that you raided my old cube. Better than Eray stealing it all. :)
Tell them I said "hi"!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.