The good...
This weekend was awesome. I was able to relax and just be for 4 days straight. Friday thru Monday we hung out at Mark's family cabin in WI and spent time on the boat and with his family. Saturday was the one year anniversary of his grandma's funeral so it was kind of an emotional day for all, but it was really nice that everyone could be together. For the weekend I borrowed a sweet digital SLR Cannon camera from work. Here are a few pictures I took of my main squeeze on the water...


We went to see the fireworks in White Bear Lake last night. The weather was gorgeous and the fireworks were amazing...I love big BOOMS!! :)
The bad...
Saturday we took the boat out early and skied for awhile. After lunch we went back out and I decided it was time to break in my new wakeboard. I knew I would be able to get out of the water because I had done it on Mark's board last summer. Everything started out just fine, I got up easily and was able to maneuver a little bit...but then all hell broke loose. Somehow I lost my footing and went over the wake and CRASHED. I landed on my neck and ended up with a horrible headache for the rest of the day. The next morning when I woke up I couldn't hardly move my neck. Uh oh. Luckily there were two chiropractors there so I had my first ever adjustment, followed by another one later that day. I was amazed by what he did and the results. :)
The ugly...
Monday we headed back into Cloquet so Mark could go fishing and I could hang out with my mom and sisters in Duluth. My mom had made an appointment for me (how ironic) to see a chiropractor that specializes in cranial work to see if she could do anything about the headaches I've been fighting for the last year. So before we headed into Duluth I went to see her. The appointment went fine and she adjusted me which was less painful than I expected. That wasn't the ugly part... She also does food allergy testing so I figured I'd have her test me for milk and cheese, since I haven't eaten them in awhile and when I did last week I thought I was going to die. It turns out that I am allergic to both which is devastating because anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE cheese. She also tested me for about 15 other things like chocolate, coffee (both are known headache triggers), and wheat. Guess what...I'm also allergic to gluten (what's found in anything that's made with wheat, oats, etc). It explains a lot about the stomache problems that I've been fighting, but seriously it sucks... So now I'm trying to figure out how to make this change to my life. Poo.
(I'll upload some pictures from my night with the girls either tonight or tomorrow. Don't worry Sam I didn't forget, I just forgot to bring my camera today. :))
05 July 2006
the good, the bad, and the ugly...
Posted by randi at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
icky. i'm sorry... those are not so nice allergies. I can recommend some good soy substitutes if you're interested. jason had me try them and they are quite good actually. there's soy delicious ice cream, yogurt, etc. even cheese, which isn't too bad. it even melts. let me know if you'd like the name of the brands i liked. I found some at whole foods that are awesome.
I'm sorry about your newly-found allergies. I think the gluten one sucks especially, because it's in practically everything. There seems to be a lot of info out there on gluten-free diets, so hopefully you won't have to make too many lifestyle changes.
Hey Randall, my grandma is both lactose intolerance and has celiac disease (gluten intolerance). She has tons of information, cookbooks, etc. She makes her own bread and things to make it easier on her. And the whole foods/coops have lots of gluten free things.
Sorry that you found this out. I thought I was a celiac, too, but turns out I'm just "sensitive" to wheat (dairy too) No wonder why I fart all the time!!!! I just don't care :)
Yuck! I hope you figure things out, at least you know the cause of your problems now, that should help. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!
I'm sorry the dairy does you bad. I'll yell at the cows for you!
Post a Comment