CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

13 July 2006

that was the last straw...

So I went to the cafeteria to get some lunch today. I was later than usual because I was kind of busy. So I went down to get a chicken caesar salad minus the dressing, cheese and croutons...basically all I wanted was lettuce and chicken. THEY WERE OUT OF LETTUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I was shocked and dismayed. So now I'm sitting here eating an apple because I didn't have the energy to put into trying to find something else that I could eat. This whole no cheese, milk, or gluten thing is kicking my butt, especially when you combine it with the diet that I'm on (I've lost 12 lbs). I was really depressed about it yesterday, but I thought I had gotten over it today thanks to a great discussion with Erika and Jason last night. Then *WHAM* this happens. I know, I know there are people in the world who are suffering worse than I am...but to me this feels like the end of the world. Hopefully Mark's parents don't bring anything too crazy for dinner tonight...otherwise I might have a melt down. Please, please think of me this weekend when I have to try and explain to his dad why I can't have milk, cheese, and gluten anymore. Sometimes he teases a lot about things that are different and I'm not sure I'm in a place to handle that. I love him to death though so I'm sure I can find something to say when/if he does.

If I didn't have work to do I'd go home and pout right now. :(

9 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry Randall! How awful! How could they be out of lettuce????

randi said...

Mark said there must be a lot of rabbits that work here.

Maria said...

Guess who might be coming to Minneapolis for work next week?????

Danielle Michelle said...

The love handle eh? I JUST got your new address...sorry I'm delayed!

rae rae said...

poopy. hopefully you'll get the hang of it soon :) keep lots of snacks at your desk for emergencies (like the rabbit convention at BB)... !

Crystal said...

Awww, Randi, I feel so bad for you. And don't feel bad about feeling bad about this whole thing. Yeah, other people in the world are suffering more than you are, but that doesn't mean you can't complain. :)

AND.. I was reading Men's Health (weird, I know, but I'm in a magazine club at work and we get it), and there's this thing called the ABS DIET. You should look it up. It involves recipes of foods made with certain ingredients, and gluten doesn't seem to be one of them.

Also.. pasta is made with semolina flour. Does that contain gluten?

Anonymous said...

It's time like this that making and bringing your own lunch is the best thing EVER! The snacks at your desk is also an excellent idea. I'd also recommend finding a book and some forums or lists online that you can learn from people who have the same alergies. They can be your best source of information.

Learn what you can eat and expand that list slowly but steadily. It's like that turtle and rabbit story. You will endure.

Kara said...

I love apple sauce. I eat lost everyday.

But I can understand that it wouldn't be too filling for lunch :(

AJ said...

I keep snacks at my desk for hunger emergencies. Try the Target brand snacks, they have lots of choices, they're really good, and they're inexpensive:)