So for the past month I've been trying to convince Mark that putting the toothbrush on the back of the toilet and then flushing causes many germs to land on his toothbrush. (Read "YUK!") So today I finally found the article that I read and thought I'd share it with you, my audience, as well...
Toothbrush Trouble
Claim: Every time you flush the toilet, your toothbrush gets sprayed with bacteria.
Gross but true. Microorganisms are ejected when you flush the toilet and land all over the bathroom, even if you close the lid, according to research by Gerba. But you probably won't get sick from this. "When the toothbrush dries, most of the organisms will die anyway," says Gerba. Just keep your toothbrush as far away from the toilet as possible, or put it in the medicine cabinet, he says. If someone in the house is ill and using the same bathroom as you are, her germs could be spread this way.
Here's the link in case you want to know what other household items are harboring germs.
http://lifestyle.msn.com/MindBodyandSoul/HealthyBody/Articlelhj.aspx?cp-documentid=376522
But really the toilet one is the only one that REALLY grosses me out. :)
03 April 2006
a vicious spray...
Posted by randi at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are so funny :-) Isn't he afraid it might fall into the toilet?
That is just so nasty! He must have impeccable aim. I sure know that my husband doesn't and wouldn't trust the safety of his toothbruth!
There are certain things in life that I should never be aware of. This is one of them!
Post a Comment