CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 April 2006

ah the good ol' days...

At 8:00 every morning on the local country radio station they do a poll position. Where they ask the listening audience to call in and respond to something their curious about. This morning was "What was your favorite game to play in the car on family road trips?" I thought this was especially interesting considering when I was a kid PSP's, portable DVD players, and the like didn't exist so we had to find other ways to entertain ourselves. So I was curious what other people did to pass the time in the car...Feel free to make a comment or ignore me. :) But my favorite game was 20 questions we would spend HOURS in the car playing. It was SOOO much fun. Sam and Joey I know you read this and I know you remember!!! Anyway, I'm curious to see what you all think.

8 comments:

h said...

We played car bingo, the alphabet game (you had to spot the letters in the alphabet on road signs - the first one to Z won), and travel yahtzee. I LOVE travel yahtzee.

Stephie said...

We used to play the alphabet game too, that was my favorite by far.

Kara said...

Well, since my family is from Missouri, road trips were second nature to me. We played "I spy". This game was difficult because you would have to think of pick something that had similar items or was far in front. Another game was the license plate game. We would see who could guess the state the car was from first. This entertained us for a while.

Laura said...

By the time my baby brother could talk and interact at the age of 2, I was 10, so we just sang nursery rhymes!

h said...

ooh...i forgot about the license plate game. We kept track of all the ones we saw on our trips (you saw quite a bit driving from GA to MI).

Erika said...

car bingo! we'd usually make up our own cards that included a lot of road kill. Not much else in the U.P. to find I guess.

AJ said...

There were four of us within a span of only 8 years, so we were all pretty close in age...our favorite past-time in the car on trips was fighting. I know we played some of the other usual games, but the underlying theme was always fighting:) We've grown out of it now (mostly!!).

rae rae said...

We played 20 questions with items from our house so you had to think about where everything was.