
So this weekend was an eventful one and I'm still recovering today. Here are some of the highlights...
Our trip over on Thursday night/Friday morning could possibly be the longest trip I've taken in a long time. The trip was supposed to last 11 hours and ended up lasting 14. First off we drove through rain the ENTIRE way there. That's enough to test the nerves and then once we got across the Michigan border we notice that the gas gauge has dropped from 1/4 tank to E in about 3 seconds. Uh oh. So we’re driving along a stretch of highway that doesn’t have a lot of gas stations right off the road. We keep driving hoping to find one and all of a sudden the cruise goes off. Then I press on the gas and nothing happens. Oh crap. We ran out of gas. Luckily I have AAA and they came and rescued us and brought some gas. I'm pretty sure the tow truck guy got a bang out of Amy and I. We hadn't slept yet and we were just chilling on the side of the road watching a DVD on my computer. Fun times.
Here are some more tidbits:
1. When you have to go, you have to go and the ditch alongside the highway is just as good of a place as anyway. However, next time I will be travelling with a roll of toilet paper.
2. The wait staff in Alma are not the brightest people on earth...actually they were some of the weirdest that I've seen in a long time.
3. Pizza Hut serves beer, but even though it says pitchers on the menu they only serve it in bottles.
4. Drinking at 11AM is OK especially if you need to in order to make room in the fridget for other things.
5. Pretzel dip is a HUGE hit. I think from now on we should just make like 5 batches of pretzel dip and nothing else.
6. Georgia is adorable.
7. Making friends with the tow truck guy is fun. Especially if you can convince him not to charge you $150 extra to pull you out of the ditch.
8. I never is evil.
The weekend was awesome. It was great to see everyone even though it made me realize how much I miss all of you. It's hard being on this side of the pond sometimes, but I'm thankful that each and everyone of you are in my life.
Amy, thanks for being such a great road trip partner!!!
10 April 2006
the adventures of me and my egghead
Posted by randi at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah for making it back safe! It was so nice to see you! Maybe you should head to Stephie's wedding a day or two early! ;)
Randall you forgot to mention about how you needed to visit the side of the road numerous times on the way home. But I still love you!
I hear you have more pics of the tow truck adventure...do share:)
Randal- will you send us the pics from your camera, pretty pretty please :)
Post a Comment