It's snowing!!! Yay! I'll have to shovel later, but I was getting kind of depressed with the snow that we had.
So this weekend was eventful, but relaxing all at the same time. On Friday night I met up with a friend, her grandma, and mom at El Mezquite, a fabulous Mexican restaurant in Oakdale. After dinner we headed to the movie theater to see 27 Dresses. It was a really cute, funny movie. I recommend it to anyone who wants to see a feel good movie. It was awesome.
Saturday morning brought a gluten-free fest at Fresh and Natural Foods in Shoreview. I went to check it out and had lots of yummy samples. My favorites were the GF teeny weinies wrapped in pepper bacon and the GF Banana Bread. They had the recipes there for everything so I can recreate the Banana Bread. I'm super excited because as of yet I haven't been able to make something that tastes like its non-GF counterpart. In the afternoon I had DI training so I could learn all about this years problem. Afterward I met up with one of my roomates from freshman year. We hung out at her place for awhile and then went for dinner at a Thai Restaurant in Crystal. It was really yummy. :)
Sunday I cleaned and bummed around the house. In the evening I went to the Grand Cafe in Minneapolis to listen to a friend play his guitar and have dinner. I had crispy polenta cakes, with a garbanzo bean puree and wilted spinach, carrots, and onions. It was AMAZING! I've been to this restaurant a few times and eveything I've had has been excellent.
So this weekend I ate a lot, relaxed a little, and got a few things done. Overall it was a good one. But next weekend will be better because Mark is coming home. :) I haven't seen him for 3 weeks so I've kind of got ants in my pants. This week can't go fast enough.
Tomorrow night I'm headed back to the hair salon to have my hair toned down. The color that it ended up, wasn't what I had picked out. It was a super fun color that night, but it's just not me. It's also faded a lot since last week and the top is still quite red, while the lower portion is more brown, so I'm hoping she can get it to match a little better. We'll see. I'll have someone take pictures afterward so you can see. I promise not to take the pictures myself. :) Hope you all had a good weekend.
04 February 2008
the weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment