This morning started off with a lukewarm shower. Not sure why, but it never got really hot. And then I realized I locked my car keys in the garage. Well actually last night, but I didn't realize it until this morning. This sucks. My luck just keeps getting better and better.
This weekend was pretty fun. Friday night I stopped at my cousin Laura's to visit for awhile before I met up with Mark for dinner. It was really nice to see her and her son Joel and catch up. It's been a long time since we've been able to do that.
Saturday morning we got up early and left for the Pine City gun show with one of Mark's co-workers and his two kids (ages 3 and 5). We walked around the show and I found myself a gun!! It's a Ruger Mark II with a 5.5" barrel. I LOVE it! It was pretty warm here on Saturday so when we got back we got our snow clothes on and headed out to Grandma and Grandpa's with Otis and tried out the new gun. Dinner was at the Mexican restaurant in town which was super yummy. Then the dog got a bath. He HATED us for about a half hour afterward, but he smelled a lot better and was super soft.
Sunday we got up and went downhill skiing. It was a little chilly in the morning because it was foggy, but once that burned off it was really nice. It was really fun until I fell and cracked my hip on the ground. I've got a pretty sweet bruise on both my hip and ego, but it'll be OK. I'd take a picture, but I think that might be indecent exposure. :) After skiing we went back to the house and I spent the next 3 hours cleaning my new gun. I don't think the person that owned it before me ever cleaned it and it had a lot of dirt/sand in it. It was kind of gross. But, now it's all shiny and clean and ready for another trip into the woods. I headed home around 6, unpacked, and crashed on the couch.
Overall, it was a good weekend. But, the week isn't off to a good start. :(

1 comments:
you are one tough chick, randi :)
Post a Comment