So last night was better. I got home from work, put the lasagna in the oven, made a salad and waited for a friend to come over for dinner. We had a nice time chatting and watching some AI until she left around 8 to go do homework. Hehehe. :) I ended up falling asleep on the couch a little after 9 and woke up this morning in a better mood...well at least for the first 2 minutes of conciousness. I woke up around 5:30 this morning, got up, did my business, and crawled back into bed. I had electricity. When I re-woke up at 7 I climbed out of bed, noticed the alarm clock wasn't on and thought "Hhhmmm...I must have bumped the plug last night." So I go into the kitchen and notice no clock on the stove. I then think to myself "Crap we lost power and then oh shit, it's cold in here." Between 5:30 and 7 it had dropped to 50 degrees inside our house. I called Mark to find out what to do. He talked me through shutting off the water and we decided that the stuff in the fridge and freezer would be ok since it was cold in the house. So I forgo a shower and pack up my gym bag so I can get ready at work after working out. I'm all set to leave the house when I realize, we have a garage door opener and I have no idea how to open the garage door. So I called Mark again and he talked me through that process, which was actually easier than I made it. All of this just to leave the house and I was still smelly and hadn't brushed my teeth. Fun. So hopefully when I go home tonight there will be power, otherwise I'll be calling G&G to see if I can go stay with them. The good thing was that Excel Energy was outside the house working on something when I left so hopefully they fixed it.
20 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry - sounds like my life is spreading...ahhhh!
Also - funny link..is that serious!?
I'm glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment