So I know it's a little bit late, but I've decided to make a New Year's resolution.
I've been reading the book Skinny Bitch which I think Heather has talked about before. I haven't read it all yet, but so far I've been a little bit disturbed and a lot inspired. I know myself and I know the vegan lifestyle isn't something that I want to adopt, however some of the things they talk about in this book have hit home and I'm going to try to go organic and support humane farming practices as much as possible. It's going to be an interesting challenge because it will change how and where I shop, but I think it will be a good, healthy change. There will still be some things that I purchase and eat that will not be organic, but when I can find a good organic alternative to my normal products I am going to switch.
And on top of that Wednesday is Ash Wednesday which means the start of Lent. In the past couple of years I've given up sweets and pop so I was thinking what I might do this year. I was taught that the purpose of giving something up is to make yourself a better person, so this is what I've decided.
1. I'm going to commit to removing my makeup, washing my face and brushing my teeth EVERY night. This may not seem like a very big feat, but I tend to fall asleep on the couch watching TV at night and when I wake up I sometimes don't feel like doing the nightly routine so I just climb into bed instead. So I'm going to commit to taking care of my face every night.
2. I'm giving up...soda this year again. It's something that I fall back on when I'm having a bad day so it needs to go.
So that's it. I'm going to try and make myself a better, healthier person.
04 February 2008
new year's resolution and lent...
Posted by randi at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck with your resolutions and lent. It's always fun to have new goals in life!
Sounds like you put a lot of thought behind your goals...good job. I just read Maria's blog about that book as well. Sounds interesting.
That's so funny! I just read that book last week! We soooo need to discuss this over a fishbowl! :) I've been 'vegan' since last Friday... I had a tofurkey, vegan chedder, nayonaise organic lettuce, and organic bun sandwich for lunch today... it was actually good! :)
Post a Comment