Boy was it an eventful week/weekend. The week was kind of stressful because we were supposed to have an organizational announcement at the end of the week that would affect my job. Well it happened and the most important part is that I still have a job, for now. So we'll see. I might start looking around again to see if I can find a nice 6 month contract that would bring me through to the end of the year and end at the perfect time for me to move up north. We'll see though.
So the announcement came on Friday morning and I headed home around noon to help Mark paint the kitchen/dining room. He came down on Thursday night and we went to Marketfest and ate lots of yummy fair like food. Friday we worked all day to finish up the kitchen and dining room (you can see pictures here). It was a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it.
Saturday we went to the North Star Gay Rodeo Association Rodeo in Hugo. It was A LOT of fun. One of the guys that I work with used to participate and one of his partners is still really heavily involved in the rodeo. We got to see a lot of traditional rodeo events, but I think my favorite was the Goat Dressing where the rodeo participants had to, as a team, put a pair of underpants on a goat. It was pretty funny. The only downside to the day was that it was super hot and sunny so Mark and I both got pretty sunburned. Oh well, it was fun.
Today we took my grandparents out for breakfast to celebrate my grandma's birthday. It was nice to get together with them and catch up. They really like Mark which makes it really easy. Now you may be wondering to yourself, why is there a picture of a tomato on this post. Well, when we got home from breakfast I checked my five tomato plants and there was one lonely red cherry tomato. So Mark and I cut it in half and shared it. Boy was it good. I can't wait for more to ripen and the way my plants are flowering I think I'm going to have plenty of them this year. Yippee!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. :)
01 July 2007
weekend update
Posted by randi at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I had no idea there was a gay rodeo. Very interesting! Sounds like it was funny.
Yeah for having a tomato and a job!
Post a Comment