The craziness started when I drove up North on Tuesday to spend the rest of the week relaxing, having fun, and working from up there. Here is a short synopsis of the events that took place over the 5 days I spent up there.
Wednesday
We drove to my aunt and uncle's cabin in Wisconsin for a day of fun on the water. It took us a little while to find the place, but once we got there it was a perfect day. It was hot and sunny outside and we spent the day playing in and on the water. I tubed, wakeboarded, and waterskied all in the same day. All in all we had a good time hanging out with my family and enjoying the day. Wednesday night we went to see the fireworks and decided to try out a new place to see them from and ended up with trees in our way for most of them, not ideal but it was nice out so I really can't complain.
Thursday
Thursday started off when I realized that I left my power supply for my laptop at our house. Hhhmmm...how am I going to get any work done. After a couple of hours and one failed trip to Best Buy I got a trial version of my software on my personal laptop and was able to get some work done. In the middle of the day I took off to Duluth with Mark's parents to tour Cirrus, Mark's new place of employment. It was pretty cool to see how an airplane is assembled. After the tour Mark had arranged for us to go up in an SR22 for a plane ride around the area. It was really awesome. Thursday night I went to dinner with my mom and then went back to Mark's parents to hang out and relax for the rest of the evening.
Friday
Friday started off with a trip to the gym and then in 20 minutes I managed to go to the UPS shipping place and ship something for Mark, visit the Credit Union, US Bank and head to my parents. It amazes me how much quicker it is to travel around in a small town...I think I might like the change of pace eventually. Most of Friday I spent working and doing some research for my Master's project and then Mark called and we were off to Clyde's house. Now Clyde lives in a "house" (more like a dump) on Chub Lake in Carlton. So we spent the afternoon playing on the stand up jetski, going on pontoon rides, and building a fire. It was a nice evening.
Saturday
It all started off innocently enough. We got up in the morning and hauled the boat out to the landing on Chub Lake and started our day on the water. We spent the majority of the day tubing, wakeboarding, and skiing in BEAUTIFUL weather. Around 4PM the boat started vibrating and acting funny so we pulled it out of the water and discovered that there were a ton of weeds wrapped around the prop. But, since it was already out of the water and was working fine again we decided to quit boating and start drinking. So we had some dinner, a few drinks, and headed out to a friends cabin party. This is where the night started getting interesting. When we got there we noticed that a four wheeler had a wagon attached to it with a bunch of plastic lawn chairs in the back. I was thinking to myself "Hhhmmm, that looks kind of like a hay ride, but with a four wheeler." Well, that's exactly what it was. Shortly after we got there we went on a ride on logging roads through the woods. It was pretty crazy, but TONS of fun. When we got back to the cabin we started lighting off fireworks, and not the weiney kind either. These were the kind that fly way up in the air and make big booms. It was pretty neat. After the fireworks, some more drinking, and hanging out by the campfire we decided to head back to Clyde's house. When we got back (around 1AM) Mark and Clyde decided the weren't going to bed until they finished a Liter of Jack Daniels. Great idea, right? I stayed up until 3:30 and they still weren't done and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I headed to bed. Well, generally the drunker Clyde gets the louder and more rowdy he gets so the more he drank the more he yelled and threw things, needless to say I didn't get any sleep. So around 5AM I hear things get quiet and the door to the house open and close. When I look out the window I see dumb and dumber headed down to the lake. I was hoping that they were just going down to sit on the dock and watch the sun come up...but they weren't. All of a sudden I hear the pontoon start up. To make a long story a little bit shorter their ride ended with 1 stolen floating dock, 1 split lip, and one chipped tooth. I was waiting on the dock for them when they finally came back across the lake and heard a couple of things...
As they approach the dock...Clyde "Man she looks pissed." As they get closer...Clyde "Man she looks REALLY pissed." As they pull up on shore...Mark "Honey, I have some bad news." Once Mark is on the dock "Honey, I broke my tooth." As I'm chewing their asses out for driving the pontoon drunk at 5AM and being loud and obnoxious... Mark "Honey, I'm sorry I broke my tooth. Please don't be mad." For some reason he thought I was mad at him because he broke his tooth...it took awhile to convince him otherwise.
We finally made it to bed around 6 and woke up around 11:30. Needless to say we didn't do anything yesterday except eat breakfast at like 2:30 in the afternoon. I finally left up there around 5:30 and made it back here around 7:30. I'm still tired today. I don't think my old body is cut out for that kind of fun anymore.
All I can say is it was a very interesting weekend. :) Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!!
09 July 2007
oh what a weekend...
Posted by randi at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sounds like they should've hired a sober thinker:)
Sorry to hear about Mark's tooth and the stress it put you through. Sounds like the rest of the time was fun though, especially the water time. I haven't waterskied since 2005, (since I was preggo last summer) and every time we visit my parents we're so busy we don't have time.
Post a Comment