CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22 June 2008

grandma's marathon

This weekend was Grandma's Marathon in Duluth. Both Mark and Amy Quinn ran the half marathon so Vickie and I went up to cheer. Saturday morning came really early when the alarm went off at 3:45 AM. I drove Mark to one of the meeting places so he could catch a bus that would bring him to the start line. Afterward I picked Vickie up, we had some breakfast at Perkins and were down in Canal Park by 6:20. The race started at 6:30 so we had about an hour before any runners started coming past us. It was pretty exciting to see the first half marathoners coming around the corner toward the finish line. And then there was Mark...he came in at 1 hour 39 minutes and 33 seconds. Pretty good for his first half marathon. He placed 471st out of I was really proud of him!! Amy Quinn came in a little bit later so we were there to cheer her on as well. After they both finished we hung out for a bit and then headed back to Cloquet. After hanging out at his parents we went to a BBQ and then met up with Amy Quinn, Vickie, and Mark's friend Travis for dinner at Grandma's Restaurant in Canal Park. Then we headed to the beer tent for some drinks and live music. We left around 11:30 and by the time my head hit the pillow I'd been up for 21 hours. Needless to say I'm still pretty tired today.

This morning Mark and I went with his parents to do the final walk through of their new house on Island Lake (just north of Duluth). It's a gorgeous house and next weekend will be spent helping them unpack. I'm so excited that they've finally found a place that they love.



Hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comments:

AJ said...

Wow, nice job Mark and Amy!!