For the last week and a half I have been SO exhausted. Last week I figured it was because I worked about 60 hours between my job at the big B and doing some freelance work for my dad. I was getting up at 6:00 every morning and not making it to bed until 11 or so (I usually wake up somewhere between 7:30 and 8 and go to bed at 10, yes I'm an old lady). Plus I was trying to recover from the MS150. But this week the exhaustion continues. It takes a Mountain Dew every morning to get me going and I struggle to make it through the day at my desk. I really don't know what the deal is. On top of that I'm ALWAYS hungry. I really think I could eat all day long and not ever get full. Maybe I'm not eating enough at meals. I have exercised more in the last month or so than I have in a long time, but usually that doesn't make this big of a difference. What gives?
Yesterday I had kind of a rough day at work. I'm really frustrated with my job and would like to move on, but haven't found a good opportunity yet. So I've been trying to "manage" through the days that I have to be here without getting too involved in any drama. I've actually been able to leave my frustration at work most days, but yesterday wasn't one of them. On my way home I was noodling about what was really bothering me and I realized it wasn't really anything that happened during the day, it was more the conversations I had had with one of the other contractors in our group. She sits across from me and is as frustrated or more than I am with our current situation. The difference between the two of us though is that she's more vocal about it and is constantly talking to me about it. I think if I didn't have to listen to her I wouldn't think about it as much. I'm going to try spending more time with my headphones on and less time talking to her and see if that improves my mood.
So does anyone have any good music they'd recommend listening to while working? It has to be downloadable (the big B blocks all online music). I know I asked this same question before, but I'm still looking for new stuff. :)
PS. I made an update to the other blog also.
17 June 2008
exhausted + hungry
Posted by randi at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like Cake (both the food and the musicians... :)) It can be energizing although a bit odd.
hope you feel better soon!
Um, if you post with a title of 'exhausted and hungry', you know what all of us female readers are going to think;)
It sounds like you are anemic. I believe with a lack of iron you are always exhausted and/or hungry and thirsty..otherwise it was diabetic. I would look into it.
Yep, preggers. LOL. :-D
Post a Comment