So I just got off the phone with Mark...I hadn't talked to him since really early Sunday morning and now I can't stop crying. We didn't have a bad conversation at all...I think I'm just relieving all of the pent up anxiety from not knowing if he's OK for the last 5 days and from being so lonely. Plus we had a long conversation about lawn mowing, which for most people wouldn't cause anxiety, but for me it does. Our lawn is really long right now and it needs to be mowed. We hired the next door neighbor to do it for us for the summer, but they are on vacation for the next 10 days so they aren't around to do it. I don't have a problem having someone young mow the lawn, because that's what kids do in the summer, but I have a REALLY hard time asking a friend to do it. So Mark wanted to call the neighbor Chuck who is a really awesome guy around our age and ask him to do it, but I just can't. So I'm going to try to do it myself (I'm really allergic to cut grass). If I'm still alive in 2 hours I'll let you know.
Edit: I'm alive. I have a runny nose and an itchy eye, but the yard is mowed and I'm super proud of myself. I can no longer say that I have NEVER mowed the grass. I don't want to do it again anytime soon, but I did it. P.S. I'm heavily medicated right now...it's kind of fun. I feel like I'm floating. Me and my dirty self are off to yoga. Maybe my medication will help me go deeper into the postures...we'll see!!
09 August 2007
crazy person alert...
Posted by randi at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck mowing your lawn. I too have problems asking friends for help. Hope your allergies don't act up!!!
Hey...the two brands of pretzels I love are Glutino and Ener G. I would probably say the Glutino pretzel sticks are the best. I think because I just like the fact that they are sticks...more fun to chew. I've bought them at Whole Foods and the Outpost. The Outpost is a food co-op in Milwaukee. I think you can get them at the co-op in Hancock if I remember right. You are going up for Labor Day, right? We should hit the co-op together. A grocery store date...hot. If not you can buy them online.
I hate mowing the lawn too. I'm very allergic, but nothing worst that raking leaves! YUCKY!!!
Ohhhh Randal, I would totally mow your lawn for you if I were close enough! Glad it went okay though!
Post a Comment