CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 August 2008

whoa!

So life has been crazy busy lately...I'll break it down for you by subject.


New Toy
I bought a new road bike a couple weeks ago. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. EXCEPT they gave me warped wheels. Yup I just spent a lot of money on this new full carbon, super light, ferrari of a bike and I can't ride it. Sweet! So Mark brought the bike back up north with him last weekend and brought the wheels in to the bike shop to get fixed. They said "no problem, it'll take 15 minutes." A half hour later he goes downstairs and the front wheel is done, but the rear one looks like a banana with half the spokes out of it. Long story short, the wheels on my bike have been giving Specialized some problems and if they don't true them (make them run straight) the first time, they won't be able to. So they ordered new wheels...the catch they won't be here until this coming Wednesday. Sorry that doesn't work for me. Basically all I had at this point was a frame. I can't ride a frame. So they borrowed me some wheels and hopefully I'll be able to go up next weekend and get my new upgraded ones. All I have to say is they'd better be some sweet wheels or I'm expecting some money back on this bike for all the trouble.

Wedding
My sister got married on Friday! It was crazy busy from the time I got up there on Thursday morning until Saturday evening when I arrived at Mark's parents. Everything went really well and it was A LOT of fun. The weather was awesome the day of the wedding, the reception tons of fun, and just an all around great time. I was EXHAUSTED by the time Saturday afternoon came around and it was nice to hang out with Mark and his parents on the deck at their house, drink wine, and wind down. There are some pictures posted here already from the photographers. http://carrphotography.blogspot.com/. I still don't feel like any of us are old enough to be getting married. It's just so weird! I guess maybe we really are grown ups after all!

House
It's still here...the price has dropped again...I wish it would burn down. I'm sick of dealing with it.

Car Accident
My favorite quote so far has for sure been "So you have the 2008 Town and Country Mini Van, right?" This was on Friday after I had waited on hold for 15 minutes for the lady to find my claim so I could give them my body shop information. I just about died. I dropped my baby off at the shop yesterday morning and dad (my taxi) took me to the rental car place to pick up a rental. It's a Pontiac G5...almost identical to mine. BUT, it doesn't have cruise. Bummer. Hopefully mine will be finished on Friday and I can pick it up when I get up there on Saturday.

Plans
I'm super pumped because Vickie and I are heading up on Saturday morning for Bluesfest in Duluth. We're planning to get there around 10 and spend the day listening to music. I can't wait! Then the 16th is a 55 mile bike ride we've signed up for along the North Shore in Minnesota. I'm planning to play tour guide that weekend too and show Vickie some of the things the Northland has to offer. It really is a beautiful place!

1 comments:

AJ said...

Their wedding pics are beautiful! I'm so jealous when I see other people's pics. I always like theirs so much better than mine:(