Whoa...new blogger dashboard. I got confused. :) OK I digress.
Today went from bad to worse. Work sucked - no details, just trust me. I thought ice cream with grandma and grandpa would make me feel better and it did until I had a conversation that didn't make me feel any better. So I came home and started pouting. Ended up calling my mom...and it all came out. I'm just so sick of feeling like crap. I don't sleep well at night (which causes some of my irritability) and I feel like crap ALL THE TIME. I should be used to it because before I met my chiropractor that was life for a few years and I got used to it. But, now I know what it feels like to feel good (almost normal) and I want to go back. I'm frustrated because I don't allow myself to talk about it, because in my mind it's all my fault and I'm lucky nobody was hurt. So after talking to my mom for awhile she convinced me it's ok to whine and tell people that I'm hurting. Then maybe they'll understand that I can't work on a computer for more than 3 hours at a time without getting a splitting headache, that I can't work out, or that I'm just not myself right now. If I don't tell people, they won't understand. True. Then she gave me the best advice of all (and advice I never thought I'd get from her). She told me to have a drink. :) So I did. I popped open a bottle of champagne that was in the fridge and after 2/3 of a glass this is what happened.
Needless to say Vic isn't home or she probably would have never let me do this. OK she probably would have because she takes pictures of me as I come out of porter potties. I was trying on my new swim goggles because I did get the OK today to swim a little so as long as I can get my butt out of bed by 6:30 tomorrow I'll be in the pool. Even if it's just for a 1/2 hour I'll feel better - hopefully. Somehow I thought it was a good idea to take this picture. I'll probably regret it tomorrow, but for now it's making me smile. Have a good night everyone.
20 August 2008
pity party of one...
Posted by randi at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You know if we were still at school, we all would have gone and got goggles and then we would have gone to a piss call or the bar like that:)
The picture's making me smile too.
I want to drink like a fish and swim on the green carpet. That's the real reason you are wearing the goggles - right? Carpet swimming?
I think I might need to print this out and stick it on my fridge :)
Post a Comment