You know the song "Singin' in the Rain" well Vic and I biked in the rain on Tuesday night, while singing our own version of the song. :) Here's the scoop. Tuesday morning started kind of rainy but by 10 or so it had cleared up. I had planned to bike up to Wyoming (about 20 miles north - where she works) and meet her on the trail where we turned around and rode home. The ride up was pretty uneventful except for a group of women with strollers who refused to let me have even a sliver of trail to ride one. We met and after a couple sips of water we were on our way again. After about 5 miles it started to sprinkle which actually didn't feel too bad since it was kind of humid...then about 10 miles later it started to POUR. That hurt a little. By that time we were pretty much soaked anyway so we just made the best of it. When we got back to White Bear we stopped at the Cup and Cone for a little snack. Heck if you burned 1200 calories in less than 3 hours you'd give yourself some ice cream too! :) While we were there I checked out the damage to the new bike and noticed that the little bag I have under my seat was open. Oh crap, my phone's in there. Needless to say not only did water get in there, but LOTS of dirt too. :( Vic's bag got soaked too and she ended up paying for the ice cream with wet money. Hehehe. So my phone was wet and dirty. Uh oh. When we got home I dried it off, tried to get the majority of the dirt out, and thought everything was OK. It's a slider phone and there was a bit of crunching every time I slid it open, but I figured if that's all that happened I could deal. Yesterday it worked like a champ...thought I was in the clear. Nope. I got home, went outside to rake the front yard (stupid dying tree), came back inside and it was off. Tried to turn it on. Nothing. Uh oh. Plugged it in to charge thinking maybe it was dead. Nothing. It just kept flashing a white screen. Uh oh. So I took it apart, took the battery out, only to find corrosion and water under the battery. BIG UH OH. I let it dry out over night and tried again this morning. Still nothing. Luckily I have a spare phone that'll do me for now, but it doesn't text. :( So I'll be buying a new phone soon. I'm thinking about getting the iPhone...I've wanted it for awhile. Maybe now's the time to get it. We'll see. I've got time since I have a working phone and luckily I didn't lose any numbers because they're all stored on my SIM card.
14 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Last time my phone got wet (Noah through it in the dog bowl) I took it apart right away and put it in a bowl of rice overnight. Worked like a charm, the rice absorbs the extra moisture you can't see. I lost two phones the hard way before I learned this useful tip, though:)
Post a Comment