CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

25 September 2007

nobody likes a whiner...

So I've been feeling rather unhappy lately and I'm hoping this *purge* will help that, so if you don't want to hear me whine stop reading now.

1. I'm starting to dislike my job. I like what I do, but in July we reorged and I got a new boss. Well since then he's been promising to integrate me into my new team and allow me to learn some new things. Well guess what...it hasn't happened. So far I've been doing the same old thing and sitting around waiting for him to set up some meetings (or tell me who to set up meetings with) so I can learn what I need to know to do some different things in the future. Plus, the workload has slowed down significantly in the last year which means I don't have as much to do as I used to do, which results in me searching for things to do to fill my time. I hate that more than anything. Plus, what is it with big companies promoting people into positions that they aren't qualified for? This is my second manager who doesn't have a degree or any type of training in communications. I hate it that I have to educate my boss on what he should be doing with regard to communicating with retail. I'm not trying to say that people without degrees shouldn't be promoted, but if you don't have the education, then you best make sure that you get some training so you know what you're talking about and you can help your employees rather than the other way around. GGGGGRRRRRR......

2. Our house is still on the market. Now I know that it's only been 8 weeks and the market sucks big time right now, but in order to preserve my sanity I need the stupid thing to sell. Mark is getting antsy and I'm sick and tired of taking care of a house all by myself, especially when I don't get home until after 9 three nights a week. Plus if our house isn't sold by the end of December that means I'm here until it sells. :(

3. School is a lot more work this semester than I was hoping for. My Italian class is a lot of fun, but it's a lot of work. I've had to do a lot of relearning what I learned 6 years ago when I lived there. But, it has been really fun so far. Plus my other "Intro" class is more of a do the readings and then lets sit around and talk about them kind of class. While the topics are interesting the class is filled with people who are just starting their MS program or are just exploring whether or not they want to apply for the program which means that it's really elementary for lack of a better word. Some of the questions that people ask are just so simple (and I know they're just trying to learn and that I'm in a much different place than they are) that I get so frustrated and feel like I'm wasting my time.

4. I don't get to spend a lot of time with anyone outside of Mark on the weekends. It's my choice to spend my weekends with him, but because of my crazy schedule during the week I don't get spend time with anyone. :(

OK it's time for something positive...
I have become an organizing bafoon. A couple weekends ago I went to Target and bought a bunch of (25 to be exact) Rubberm@id containers for .99 each. Then when I got home I took digital pictures of all of my shoes, printed them on my photo printer, taped them to the outside of the containers, and put my shoes in them and then back in my closet. I used 23 of the 25 containers. :) And now my shoes are all nice and organized. Plus I've gone through all of our closets in the last month and organized everything in them.

Then, today I went to IKE@ to get a couple of clothing bags to store my summer skirts/dresses in and walked out with some new hangers to hang my pants on (you can hang 5 pairs of pants on one hanger) and new hangers for my skirts so I don't have to use clothespins anymore. Now I can't wait to go home (I'm in class right now) and hang up my clothes with my new hangers. :) Yes, I know, I'm a dork, but I was inspired by Heather S.

Ah I feel better now... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, having an organized closet makes me so happy! :) I'm glad I was able to inspire you. ha ha ha.

Hope things get better for you....hang in there!

Crystal said...

I remember your super-organized closet from when I came over. Nice work with the shoes.

Sorry to hear about your job. When we had our reorg my job became more boring, too. I can't stand all the politics involved in management. That's probably how your boss became a supervisor.

alanna rose said...

I'm cleaning outmy closet right now - so far I've gotten rid of 24 pounds of clothes, and that's just the hanging stuff. I am so happy when I see a clutter free, organized closet in the morning:)