In the AGD cookbook that the Alum made a few years ago there is a recipe for the Library soup. I'm a super HUGE fan of the soup so I tried to make it the other night. It turned out really good, but wasn't as thick as the original. I think it has something to do with the roux (sp?) that you have to make. Now it calls for 3 oz of flour combined with 3 Tbsp of butter. Who the hell measures their flour in ounces?? I guessed at 3 Tbsp, but I don't think it was enough. Can someone tell me how much 3 oz of flour is in terms I will understand?? (Sam stop laughing...)
11 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm guessing here, but there is eight oz in a cup so 4 in a half of cup so a little less than half a cup?
1 ounce=30 mL
3 ounces=90 mL
1 tbsp= 15 mL
6 tbsp= 90mL= 3ounces
You know, Google has a little thing that can convert such things for you. ;)
Ahh! Stephie totally read my mind! That is exactly what I was going to say!
Do you have the full electronic copy of that cookbook? If you do, could you email it to me? My e-copy got deleted. ;(
Oh Randi, I would love you if you could send it to me too.
PS-If using the 6 Tsp of flower still isn't thick enough, you can still add more. You won't mess up the taste of the soup or anything by adding a little more flour (I wouldn't add like a 1/2 cup more or anythign, but a tablespoon or so shouldn't make a difference), you just might get it thicker than you want....in which case you can always add more liquid to thin it back out. But you should be able to play around with it to get it just where you want it!
Please e-mail me the cookbook too, if you don't mind. I too had it at one time and have no clue what happened to it. But there are some yummy recipes I would like to attempt to make :)
Why don't I know about this cookbook? Also requesting copy - pretty, pretty please :)
Cookbook? What? I want one!
Post a Comment