So since it's been awhile I figured I should let you all know what's been going on.
Roofing last weekend was very interesting. It ended up raining ALL DAY on Saturday so we didn't get anything done. Instead Mark helped his brother (Brian) wire lights in the garage and Jana' (Brian's wife) and I just hung out and chatted and did pretty much nothing. Basically it was a waste of a day and it made me a little crabby since I could have been at home catching up on the mountain of school work I had to do. Sunday was really nice so we started at 7:30 AM and by 7:00 PM had half of the roof done. We got home late on Sunday and were both exhausted.
Last week at work was INSANE. We are going through our inventory (our lab is actually a Best Buy store) and getting rid of a TON of stuff that is really it turns out to be a much bigger project than initially anticipated. There were a lot of long days in order to get stuff taken care of. Plus on top of that I had homework to do and classes to attend. I'm really starting to wonder if it's all worth it. It seems like I'm constantly busting my butt and not getting anywhere. Plus on top of it all I'm still a contractor which means no sick days, vacation days, or benefits of any kind. So no work = no pay. :( They keep telling me how valuable I am and how much they need me, but if I was so valuable don't you think they would make my position a headcount position???
This weekend was great. Mark was hunting birds up north so I hung out at home, got some stuff done, did some cooking (stop laughing Sam), and relaxed. I had two whole days all to myself and I loved every minute of it. I was glad when Mark came back last night, but I definitely needed the weekend to unwind and relax. :) Oh and he got two birds so sometime this week I will be eating my first grouse. He says it tastes like chicken...I'll keep you updated.
Ciao for now!!
P.S. My sister got a new dog...I'm super excited for her and can't wait to meet the newest member of the family. Congrats Sam! If you want to see picture check out the Sam link on my blog.
02 October 2006
long time, no update...
Posted by randi at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks for finally posting :-)
Post a Comment