Today was the first time in a really long time that I didn't have anything that I had to do so I took full advantage. I woke up around 9:45, had some orange juice, and decided to lay out on the deck until my roomie got up. Around 11:30 she showed her face and we headed to Cooqi for some gluten free doughtnuts. They were FANTASTIC. Then it was off to the grocery store where it was sample day so I picked up a couple of things, had some snacks and a coffee outside in the sun while I waited for Vickie to finish. When we got home I continued sunning myself on the deck. I also broke out the sprinkler so after some sun we took a run through the sprinkler. It was fun. :) While I was laying out on the deck I noticed a few hornets in the area (you all know how much I hate bugs). They were flying in and out of the bottom of the screen door. Hhhmmm...I wonder what they're doing in there. So I decided to take a trip to the hardware store to pick up some hornet spray and take care of the pesky buggers. The mole from last summer is also back so I picked up some stuff to take care of him too. :) When we got home Vickie took control and sprayed inside the bottom of the door and then plugged it with some towels to make sure the little buggers were good and dead in there. After awhile we unplugged and wallah out came 3 dead guys. :) It turns out they were building a nest in there and when we sprayed it out with the hose there was some larvae in it. Good thing we took care of it. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
13 July 2008
today's excitement...
The dead ones!!!
A picture of the nest inside the kick plate of the door.
The "nest"
The little guys inside the nest.
Posted by randi at 9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ewwwwww!
Glad you found the nest and killed them though!
I am busting with pride at how brave you were to go to the store and buy bug killer!
(If it wasn't for your husband living at home I don't know what you would have done :-) )
(Just teasing you Randi...you know I love you!)
oh, oh, oh! sam totally stole my comment! good job vickie - nice camera skills randi :)
Post a Comment