This weekend was an entertaining and busy one.
I got up north on Friday and we had dinner with Mark's parents and then we headed out and about. Our first stop was Gander Mountain where Mark bought a Ruger P95DC 9mm handgun. It took us about an hour to complete the purchase, but he's super excited about it. After that we tried to go to Home Depot, but they wouldn't let us in so we headed downtown Duluth to this fabulous Irish Pub. We ate some peanuts, had some drinks, and met up with a couple of Mark's friends. It was pretty low key. We stayed until midnight and then headed home.
Saturday we got up and headed to Lester Park in Duluth to go cross-country skiing. My skiis were in need of wax and the trail was pretty tough, but it was really fun. We then headed to Ski Hut to look at downhill boots for Mark since he managed to crack the shell on his right boot. How? I don't really know and neither does he! After some lunch at Burrito Union we went back to Cloquet and got ready to go ice fishing. We spent about 4 hours on Chub Lake in Mark's awesome new ice house. Unfortunately we didn't catch any fish, but the little bastards kept stealing my minnows. It was surprisingly fun and relaxing. After a shower we headed to dinner with a couple of Mark's friends and that's when the night got interesting. The weekend before we had gone to the bowling alley and ended up hanging out with people I went to high school with, but was never friends with and never wanted to be friends with. It wasn't fun and the plan for Saturday night was to do it again. So I pouted and told Mark I didn't want to go, but he convinced me to come for a drink. While we were standing in the bar another high school classmate came over and we started chatting. A bunch more people showed up and we ended up talking and drinking all night. It was really fun.
Sunday we were a bit hung over, but we got up, had breakfast, and headed to Spirit Mountain to demo some downhill skiis. I must admit, I am now in love. I found the PERFECT pair of downhill skiis that I am determined to own by the end of the season. :)
Overall it was a super fun weekend. It looks like this week is going to be CHILLY. We're supposed to be headed to Ironwood on Saturday for a snowmobile hill climb, but the high is 2. Hhhhmmm...I'm not sure that sounds like fun, but we'll see. It's only Tuesday a lot can change between now and then.
15 January 2008
how did we'll just go for a little while turn into closing the bar?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Say hi to my parents when you are in Ironwood. ;) If you scrapbook at all, you should go to Creative Spirits (my mom's store) - tell her I sent you. ;)
2 is not a 'high.'
Post a Comment