CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 April 2007

the weekend...

Thank you all for your support. It felt good to get that out in the open. :) I'm sure that's not the last of it, but for now I'm starting to get used to the idea of being all by my lonesome.

So I've had a very relaxing weekend catching up on homework and work. Nothing really fun, but I've been working hard while Mark is gone so we can spend the next week doing some fun things together before he officially moves up North (his first day is the 23rd). Needless to say there isn't a whole lot new or exciting to report.

Last night I decided to stop working at about 9 and lay on the couch to watch TV. Well, I fell asleep (shocking I know)! Since I had my Lasik surgery my eyes have been dry and I put drops in them quite often. Well since I fell asleep so early last night I didn't put any in. So I went probably about 12 hours or so without any drops and when I woke up in the middle of the night my right eye was so dry that my eyelid was stuck to my eyeball. Weird! I got up, put some drops in and life was grand again.

Another exciting tid bit. Mark and I went for a walk at a local nature center last Monday and we found a dock that extended out into the water. So we walked out and were just hanging out enjoying the nice weather and scenery when I noticed something swimming in the water. At first it looked like an otter (or so Mark says) but as it got closer we realized it was a rat!!! It was by far the biggest one I've ever seen. It was so gross and gave me the heeby jeebies. Ew.

Ok enough for now. Back to work. Hope you all are having a good weekend. :)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Just thinking about a giant swimming rat gives me the heebee-geebees.

AJ said...

double heebee geebees

alanna rose said...

eeewww. I would have to convince myself it was an otter.

Erika said...

It was probably a muskrat. They're all over the UP and probably here too. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muskrat

Anonymous said...

regarding your prev. post--so sorry that you are going thru all that. separately, those things would be stressful! the best you can do is just to try to come up w/ solutions to things instead of getting consumed with worries. I worry a lot and it's what I try to do.