CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19 May 2008

the weekend...

It was a pretty eventful weekend.

Friday I came home from work around 2 and we took care of some stuff around here. Mark bought new pedals for his mountain bike so guess who got the hand me downs! Yup me!! He put them on for me and I tried clipping and riding up and down the street. My first trip down the driveway was slightly disastrous. I unclipped one foot, put it on the ground and couldn't figure out how to get the other foot out so I fell over. Oops...

Friday night we invited our neighbors over for a BBQ. We did chicken and venison shish-kabobs. They were YUMMY! We had some great food, a few drinks, and good conversation. They're a lot like us so it made hanging out and getting to know them easy.

Saturday we did some more random stuff around here and then headed out for some shopping. Mike picked up some more bike stuff at a local bike shop and then we went to REI! I had no intentions of spending any money, but I ended up buying a couple of GF energy bars to try, some small little containers, and a rain jacket. I really love that store! After shopping we went to Mark's uncle's to help him post something on Craig's list and then to another friends for dinner and drinks. It was a good night!

Yesterday I didn't do a lot. We went to breakfast in the morning and sat outside. It was a really nice day. After Mark left I paid bills, did errands, and then just relaxed. I found a new pizza place that has GF pizza crusts and is only about 10 minutes from here so I ordered one, picked it up, and was in heaven. It was YUMMY! I picked Vickie up from the airport around 8:30 after a detour because they'd closed 35E for the weekend. I headed to bed early to get ready for another busy week.

Now I'm counting the days until Friday because we're headed to the Apostle Islands in WI for some camping, hiking, biking fun. I can't wait! Another 3 day weekend with Mark!!

1 comments:

AJ said...

What did you put on your venison kebabs? I have a bunch of venison in the freezer to use up and I LOVE kebabs!