CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 March 2007

the auto show, final five, and DI

Last week was a busy week...No school because it was Spring Break!! :)

Here's a short recap.

Wednesday night Mark and I went to the Minneapolis Auto Show. Saw some interesting cars, but nothing that really hit me on the head and said "take me home." Good thing since I just got my car last year at this time! It's 1-year birthday is on the 28th. I think I might buy it a car wash...what do you think? After the Auto Show we went to Sawatdee, a Thai restaurant in Minneapolis. The food was really good and we got to sit in a U shaped booth so we could cuddle. :) It was nice to relax since life has been like a roller coaster emotionally lately.

Thursday night we went to the Michigan Tech vs. Wisconsin WCHA Final Five game at the Excel Center in St Paul. There was an alumni reception before hand so I got to see some old friends from Tech. I found out Parma moved to St Paul (CRAZY!). They had a cash bar and appetizers (both were good) and then we headed to the game which was less than impressive. Unfortunately MTU sucked it up on the ice and got spanked. But, nevertheless it was fun to watch.

Friday night Amy Quinn came down and we headed to St. Peter, MN for the Destination Imagination tournament that was scheduled for Saturday. We stayed with a friend's parents where we ate pizza and wine on the living room floor and had a chance to catch up.

Saturday was an eventful day. It was filled with lots of kids who had spent a lot of time creating skits, airplanes, and elevators that they presented to us (the judges) and the audience. It was a really fun day, but exhausting at the same time! I don't think I made it past 10:30 on Saturday night, but it was well worth it.

Sunday I recuperated from Saturday and got caught up around the house. I was exhausted, but it was nice to get some random (boring) stuff done. :)

In work news...last week I had to have someone escorted from the building. It's a long story (and was a horrible day) but I'm so relieved that he's no longer working with us. One interesting tid bit is that he told me boss that he thought we had a "special" relationship. Not a good move. There's a lot more, but let's just say that it wasn't good. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever done, but it's over and now it's just little old me around the lab again. We'll see how long it takes before I burn out again.

So now Spring Break is over and I'm back in class. :( I'm really looking forward to the end of the semester. :) I think that's enough for now. Till we meet again!

Side Note: I'm sitting in a Visual Rhetoric class and we're listening to music...not sure how that's applicable. Hhhhmmm...

5 comments:

Laura said...

Trying to make light of a heavy situtation, but I thought that you and I had the special relationship. ;)

Anonymous said...

I wondered that same thing (how is whatever we're doing applicable) in the majority of my HU classes at Tech.
Sorry about the bad workday--strange sh-t happens at work

alanna rose said...

Mel beat me to it - I specifically remember a class we took - Risk Management - and we learned about Radon, that was about it.

Hope the coming weeks are less stressful :)

Kara said...

Sorry to hear that you had to have someone escorted out of the building, but at least you don't have to put up with him anymore.

I wish I was at the game with you on Saturday. I miss you tons!!!

AJ said...

Sorry to hear about the bad day. Take a visit to D-town next time it gets crazy at work!!