CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 March 2007

ah toast...

Now let me start this off by saying that I haven't had a piece of toast since July when I found out I was gluten intolerant. Do you know how hard it is to smell toast cooking and not have any?? Ah I've missed bread.

Well, this fall my mom bought me a couple of gluten-free baking mixes (baking powder biscuits, peanut butter cookies, and corn muffins) from a small shop in Hudson, Wisconsin. I tried the baking powder biscuits and really liked them. I just ran out of mix the other day and Mark's relatives live in Wisconsin and said they would bring some for me when they come at the end of the month. Score! So I was exploring their website yesterday seeing what else I might want to try when I noticed that they sell their products at some stores in Minnesota. So I ventured there yesterday. Here's what I bought:

1 Gluten Free Pizza Crust
1 Loaf of Gluten Free Egg Bread
1 Loaf of Gluten Free Buttermilk Bread
1 Package of Gluten Free Baking Powder Biscuits

Last night I made a pizza with the Pizza Crust and it was FANTASTIC. The crust is really thin and I'm normally a thick crust pizza girl, but we ate the whole thing and it was fantastic. This morning I made toast with the egg bread and it was yup you guessed it FANTASTIC.

For any of you out there who are gluten intolerant or have celiac's seriously check out this website...If you click the News from... tab you can see if they sell products in your area. I'll keep you posted as I try new things. :)

4 comments:

AJ said...

Seriously, I can't imagine what it must have been like to go without Pizza crust. I gave pizza up for Lent and I'm am counting down the days. I would be happy with Pizza and Burger King for Easter dinner (I gave up fast food too). I think it would be cruel and unusual punishment to be intolerant of any component of pizza, so I am so happy for you that they make that!

I plan to check out the website. I could probably stand to remove some of the flour from my diet! Are these gluten free foods usually lower in calories because of the lack of flour?

Crystal said...

Wow, I can't imagine not having toast for a year. I'm so impressed, Randi!

randi said...

The products that I bought don't have nutrition facts on them. Some of the things that I've found (for example rice crackers) are lower in calories and fat, but some things are comparable.

Kara said...

I am with AJ...I can't imagine going without pizza and other bread for as long as you have. Welcome back to the world of carbs :)