Nothing much is new around here. The weather has been frightenly cold lately (windchills of 20 to 30 below zero) so I've been trying to stay inside as much as possible. Mark and I decided that we're going to head up to Houghton next weekend so we'll see all of you who are venturing up there for Carni! I took Friday off so we'll be up early on Friday. Yay for Double Bubble and fishbowls at the Ambassador.
I'm starting to feel like I live by myself. I know it's not true, but it seems like Mark hasn't been around a lot lately. He left last Thursday to head up to the UP for a weekend of snowmobiling with the boys at camp. He was supposed to be back yesterday, but got really sick over the weekend and ended up staying at his parents house last night. :( He'll be home some time today, but I'm feeling a little lonely.
This weekend wasn't very exciting. Friday at work we had a team building day. In the morning we did some presentations and activities and in the afternoon we headed to Dave and Buster's for some lunch and good old fashioned video games. It was a really good time. So good that I ended up sitting at the bar with a couple of my co-workers until about 9. I then headed home and crashed. Saturday I had a training for Destination Imagination. Afterward I came home, finished my couch pillows (see photo) and made some food for the Super Bowl. Sunday, despite the super cold temps, I had snowboarding. I'm amazed at the progress that I've made in 5 weeks. We're trying to figure out how to keep taking some lessons with our instructor so I might continue learning until we don't have snow anymore. :) Yay!! Afterward Tom and Jamie came over and we watched the big game, ate some taco soup, chilli cheese dip, and BBQ weinies. It was a really fun night. Today was yoga and work, nothing too crazy! :)
05 February 2007
just pluggin' along...
Posted by randi at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Can I tell you how excited I am to hang out with you this weekend!?
Tell me about Taco Soup! Ava loves soup, and any time I can shove 3 or 4 food groups into one dish, I'm a happy Mama!
I'm seriously jealous of all of you carnival goers! have fun for me too!
Super cute pillows Randall! Please drink heavily for me this weekend.
Have fun with Carni! I haven't been there in YEARS now!
I love the pillows! Hope Carnival was a great time.
Have fun at carnival. I can't wait to hear stories!!
Hope you had a fishbowl for me!
Post a Comment