CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 February 2007

i think i can, i think i can...

Alright, let's start about a week and a half ago.

Superbowl Sunday I received a phone call from darling boyfriend who was on his way home from a weekend of Snowmobiling in the UP. Guess what, he was sick. Yup he didn't make it past his parents house that night and didn't make it home until Monday. So I took care of him and he rested for a few days and started feeling better around Thursday. Thursday night Bis flew in from Florida, I picked him up at the airport, and we headed out to BW3's for some wings and beer just like the good old days when he lived here. Friday we headed up to Houghton for Winter Carnival. We made it into town just in time for the start of Double Bubble and the guys dropped me off at the bar while they went and unloaded the truck. :) A night of drinking ensued (I'll post some pictures later, I don't have them on my computer yet). The guys headed to L'Anse for a day of snowmobiling and I stuck around town to hang out with Dana and Josh. We saw the most awesome hockey game on Saturday night and generally had a good time. The weekend was really fun. It was awesome to see everyone and it was really relaxing.

Sunday we headed out when the guys came to pick me up and we had had breakfast at Marie's. Part way home Mark started to get a headache and not feel well again. We got to his parent's house (his mom made us dinner :)) he had a fever. We had dinner and made it home by about 10. He felt OK, but really needed some sleep. Monday morning I woke up before the crack of dawn to bring Bis to the airport. When I got home he still wasn't feeling well so he spent the day laying around and just resting. Tuesday he seemed alright when I went to work. However, when I got home from school on Tuesday night he had a 104 degree fever. Yeah for me! So I spent the entire night on the phone with his mom and my aunt (who is a doctor) and trying to get his temperature down. It was scary. This cycled itself for the next two days so I spent most of my time trying to work, take care of him, and get some rest. So between him getting up in the middle of the night, me checking on him, and just being worried I didn't sleep much for a few days.

THEN last week at work I had a HUGE project due. It's the biggest thing we've ever documented and it was supposed to be done on Friday. The requirements were more than I had anticipated and required A LOT more work than I ever expected. So I spent 12 hours on Thursday, 10 on Friday, 5 on Saturday, and 5 on Sunday getting a draft of the documentation done. Then there were more edits yesterday and tonight I will be at one of our store's all night testing the documentation and trying to fix what isn't working. Then tomorrow I get to make all of the edits, publish the documentation, go to class, and go back to the store to document another solution tomorrow night. I purposely didn't write any sleep in there because I'm not sure when/if I'm going to get any. If I can make it to Thursday morning I'll be doing well. :)

On top of all of that my grandpa has been in the hospital since last Friday (he came home today) so over the weekend I went to visit him a couple of times and took my turn driving my grandma to and from the hospital.

It's been an interesting and challenging couple of weeks. I'm not complaining about anything because I'm blessed to have Mark in my life and grateful that I can be there to care for him. I'm happy to have a job that pays my bills and that I enjoy (even though it's insanely stressful sometimes) and I am around to help take care of my family.

So wish me well, life has been rough over the last couple of weeks, but hopefully the end is in sight.

3 comments:

J-MAC + Dana said...

Hang in there it will all pass soon.

Jericho Rose said...

Hey, Thanks for the advice. I've been using the sites you sent me for some time now. I also bought a book before I was diagnosed titled the gluten free bible. It is great...it tells you what you can order at restaurants, offers recipes, how to cope, etc. My mom hasn't eaten wheat for a couple of years now. Like you, she doesn't have celiac, but her overall health and skin are better, so it made my diet easier to understand. I think the problem is that I may be lactose intolerant as well like you said. It's just so hard to eliminate dairy when you are already on a strict diet. I love gluten-free pantry products if you are looking for a new brand to try.

AJ said...

I'm sorry Midget! I hope it all slows down soon.