CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

26 February 2007

i fell asleep in the twin cities and woke up in houghton?

Over the weekend our area got pounded with the white stuff that we hold so near and dear to our hearts. Yes ladies and gentlemen I'm talking about snow!! While I don't know what the "official" totals are because I fell asleep before the news last night, I do know that the snow was up to my hips in places. It was crazy!! Thank goodness we have a snowblower! It took us (Mark's parents, Mark and I) 2 hours to move all the snow to its proper place. Below are some pictures to show you the excitement that we woke up to yesterday.

Things have calmed down at work now, thank goodness. The last two weeks were really long and now it's time to catch up on schoolwork. Some day I'll be ahead of the game! :) We're dog sitting this week for Mark's parents who left for Mexico this morning. It's so nice to have an animal in the house. So I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share with you over the week. Mark has been busy working on our downstairs bathroom and laundry room. I'll post pictures soon to show his progress. I'm so glad he's handy and that his dad is so willing to come down and help us out! Otherwise I'd have to learn how to do things like run water and gas lines, sheetrock, and the like. That doesn't sound like fun to me!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad that we didn't get that much snow! ;)

J-MAC + Dana said...

Too bad the snowmobiles are up north, then you couldn't gotten a ride to work/class in UP fashion.

alanna rose said...

that is one serious snowblower, and I love your midget-mobile :)

Anonymous said...

I found this quote in your commentary Randi..."I do know that the snow was up to my hips in places"

Is it really that hard for the snow to be up to YOUR hips?? :-)

AJ said...

Your sister said what I was going to!

Pyuck! to the snow:(

Kara said...

The man that invented snow blowers is definitely a millionaire. I love them.

I can't believe the amount of snow you have.