In the last three days I have spent more time exercising than I have in a really long time. It's been a lot of fun because I've done some different things, but I think it's catching up with me today because I'm pretty tired. Here's what I've been up to.
Bikram Yoga
I've gone twice in the last three days. I usually go every Monday morning from 9:30 - 11:00. But I missed last week because I had some meetings and needed to be in the office so I went on Saturday instead. I LOVE my yoga classes and wish that I could go more often because I always feel so good afterward. For those of you who aren't familiar with Bikram Yoga, the class is 90 minutes long and consists of 26 postures. It takes place in a room that is about 105 degrees. Basically it's like doing yoga in a sauna. I sweat a lot, but it's been worth it because I've gotten more flexible and relaxed.
Snowboarding
For the past three weeks I've been taking a snowboarding class every Sunday morning. The class is 3 hours long and I've learned an amazing amount. I can now go down the hill without stopping, while turning, and I've even made it a couple times without falling. The class is five weeks long so there are only two more sessions, which makes me a little sad. It feels so good to get out of the house every Sunday and spend time on the ski hill.
Shoveling
So technically it's not what you think of when it comes to exercise, it always feels like a workout. We got about an inch yesterday so when Mark got home we spent some time shoveling the deck, driveway, and walkway in front of the house. Never a quick task. :)
Cross-country Skiing
Like I said we got some snow yesterday so Mark and I decided to take our skiis late yesterday afternoon and see if we could find a place to ski. We ended up at the Tamrack Nature Center which is near our house. We skied a 3K and then came home. It was the first time I'd been out on my skis in probably two years. It felt so good. I'm planning on going again tonight with my snowboarding instructor and one of her friends around Lake Phalen in St. Paul.
After all of this time spent being active, I think I'm going to feel lazy tomorrow when I spend the day at work and school. :)
22 January 2007
what has come over me???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
gee, randi, thank for making me feel fat and lazy. lol.
kidding. now i'm obsessed with finding a bikram yoga class here in roch, but i don't think one exists. *sigh* oh well, back to being fat and lazy!
Good for you!! My sister took a Bikram Yoga class and loved it. I am going to see if there is something like that around me.
Nice job. You are motivated. I haven't gone out of my comfort zone like that in a long time.
Heather, if it's any consolation, I'm with you:)
Randi, I'm way impressed with your motivation and the fact that you make time to exercise. Can you send some of that motivation my way?...and I just read your last post too with all the mushy stuff.....Congratulations, you're married. I know JR and I have only been officially married for 2 months, but nothing changed in December except my last name. I think we got married, or at least made the committments and figured out that living together requires a few rough first months, about 2 years ago! Sounds like you're there too:)
I love that picture of you in your profile... you pretty! ;)
Can you bottle up s some of the energy/motivation and send some my way?
Post a Comment