CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

18 January 2007

grumpy old men...

That's my new favorite movie to watch! I got a TiVo from my parents for Christmas. It has a feature on it that records random shows based on your the shows that you have selected to record. Last weekend it recorded
Grumpy Old Men. It is such a classic movie and just makes me giggle. :)

In other news...life has been pretty crazy lately. Work has been insane. At the end of December we hired another contractor to help me do my job. So I've spent the last month training the new guy (TNG) and getting him up to speed. On top of that I've been learning how to be a manager. Both of these have been larger challenges than I anticipated. TNG's personality and his lack of technical writing experience have forced me to put in a lot more time and energy than I was hoping. So on top of that I've been doing my regular job, which always gets a lot crazier after the first of the year.

School started this week. It looks like my classes this semester will be a combination of visual design and usability. Both are really interesting to me so I'm looking forward to what I will (hopefully) get out of the classes. Oh and since we don't heat our basement in the winter I convinced Mark to move my desk upstairs so I won't have to do all my homework while sitting on the couch. :) He's so good to me!

Everything else is going really well. I'm incredibly happy with Mark. (Prepare yourself for a little bit of gushing.) Sometimes it's hard for me to believe how far we've come in the last year. At this time a year ago we were fighting constantly and I wasn't sure how much longer I could stay with him. But then in April we moved in together and after a couple really hard months things got a ton better. Now the little things that used to piss me off don't anymore, I miss him when he's gone and I enjoy all of the time that we get to spend together. I don't think I could function without him in my life and hope I never have to find out if I can. It's nice to have someone take care of me and know that someone will be here if I need them. Ok that's enough for now. :) Just wanted to share how happy I am with someone.

Hope you all are doing well! Ciao!!

2 comments:

Stephie said...

Good to hear you are alive! Hope things at work don't get too crazy and that TNG catches on sooner rather than later :)

Crystal said...

Zach's a huge fan of Grumpy Old Men. He says he and his best friend are like those dudes.

I practically hurled when I read your squishy relationship stuff (just kidding). The first few months of living together are tough, but once you get used to each other it's great! I love having someone to chill with.