The last week or so has been really busy, but really great. Here's a quick recap.
I left for Texas on November 17th and returned on the 22nd. I spent my vacation relaxing, walking dogs, and just hanging out with one of my really good friends. It was a great time and I came back relaxed.
I returned to half a clean house (I anticipated returning to a dirty house and having to clean it all before Thanksgiving) so all I had to do was clean the downstairs in preparation for the holiday. I spent Wednesday doing errands, getting my nails done (thanks Sam and Joey) and going to yoga.
Thanksgiving was at our house this year so Thursday was filled with cooking and dishes. Mark's family came over and we had a great time eating, talking, watching football, and taking the dogs for a walk. It was a really good time.
Friday we left to drive up North. Mark went out in the woods, shot some squirrels and beaver and took his deer stand down (sadly no deer for him this year). I went out to gramma and grampa's with my dad and shot some guns. I recently got a permit to purchase a handgun so I went out to shoot different kinds and see which ones I liked. Only a few more obstacles to overcome and then I will (hopefully) be a gun owner. I'll fill you in more in a future post.
Saturday my sisters, Paul (Sam's boyfriend) and Mark came over and we had a Thanksgiving feast at my parents house. We spent the afternoon recovering from our food coma and visiting. It was a really good time.
Sunday Mark and I took off early because I had a group meeting at 1. We stopped at my gramma and grampa's to pick up our tree stand (stay tuned for pictures of our Christmas tree that has yet to be purchased), visited, and drove home. I ran in the house, grabbed my stuff and took off again. My group meeting went well, but this is what I came home to... The next home improvement project appears to be our downstairs bathroom. The only thing that is left after the demolition yesterday is the shower. YIKES!! Tonight we are heading to Home Depot to look at showers and paint colors. That will help us decide whether or not we're going to replace the shower. I love it that Mark decides to do these things on a whim! Oh and here's another picture for those of you who have been to our house and seen the dining room. Do you notice anything that's missing?? :)
27 November 2006
who took my toilet???
Posted by randi at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Welcome back Randall, glad that you enjoyed your vaca.
Things would be a little rough without a toilet... hope that it returns soon!
DUDE, you got rid of the pile!! Congrats!
Also, I'm so jealous of your work on the bathroom. We have been wanting to work on ours forever, but just don't have the funds. :P
Glad to hear that you made it back safely. It is always nice to relax!!!
Yay for renovations!! I wish Josh would get motivated to finish our basement. I know...we are a bit busy with other things, so I am cutting him some slack.
Post a Comment