CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

13 November 2006

a recap...

This weekend was a ton of fun! Here's a quick recap.

Thursday Night

Dana got here and I picked her up at the airport. Nothing exciting happened, we just went home chatted and went to bed.

Friday

I got off work early so Dana and I adventured to the grocery store to pick up some yummy stuff for dinner. We went there hungry (which everyone knows is a big mistake) so we ended up buying a fun dip and some olives to snack on. Shanon came over after work and we sat around, chatted, and drank wine waiting for Crystal to get here because she was stuck in traffic in WI. While we were waiting for her we were worried that we wouldn't have enough wine so we took a trip to the liquor store. It brought back a lot of college memories, because Dana and I were both slightly intoxicated. It's always more fun picking out booze when you're drunk than sober. Once Crystal arrived I made some homemade pizzas for supper (white pizza, chicken parm pizza, and barbeque chicken pizza). The first two recipes are on the Yum Yum blog and the third one is basically just a cooked pizza crust, chicken, barbeque sauce, and mozzarella cheese. All three turned out wonderfully and we spent the rest of the night snacking on pizza and talking. The conversation never stopped!

Saturday

We layed around a bit in the morning and then headed to the Minneapolis Chocolate Extravaganza at the International Market Square in Minneapolis. For $20 we got to sample all the chocolate that we wanted. It was FANTASTIC! The lines were fairly long, but it gave your stomache time to recoup between chocolate tastings. By the end though we were all pretty sick of chocolate so we bought a couple egg rolls from this chinese booth to try and counteract the sweets. We had a really good time. Afterward we went to BW3 (I think it was a theme this weekend) and played trivia. Alexis was also able to meet up with us so we caught up and had a fantastic time. The rest of the evening was spent watching movies and talking even more.

Sunday

We spent the morning hanging out and watching a movie. In the afternoon we decided to go and do some shopping. On the way there we stopped at the Good Earth in Roseville for lunch. The food (as always) was yummy and we were able to talk some more. Afterward we headed over to the mall. Dana got a really cute dress, Crystal got some fun ideas for dresses, and I spent some money at Express. Oh and I got these really cute boots at Aldo. It was a very successful shopping trip. When we got home Mark was there (he went hunting up North this weekend leaving us the house to ourselves). Crystal took off because it was already 6 and she had a bit of a drive ahead of her and Dana and I sat around and chatted with Mark (more accurately Dana made fun of Mark) while I made some chili for dinner. The evening ended with us watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.

Monday

I dropped Dana off at the airport today. :(

This weekend was SOOO much fun. The conversation never stopped and everything we did was so much fun. I found myself wishing it would never end (even though I knew it had to). Thanks girls for such a fun, relaxing weekend. You're more than welcome to come back anytime!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks Randi! I had a really fun time hanging out with you all. Thanks for cooking for us. :)

Laura said...

It sounds like a blast! I wish I could have been there!

Kara said...

I wish I could have been there to catch up with you girls. I am so glad you all had a great time.

AJ said...

Yay for a good weekend. I am very jealous of the chocolate event!