CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 November 2006

home depot 1 us 0

So we went to good old Home Depot (HD) on Monday night looking for a new shower. Guess what we found out...yup, the base of our shower isn't similar to any of the others we looked at and since our drain is set in concrete we basically have no options. We even went to Menard's (I really don't like that place) and they didn't have any options other than the one we have. Poop. I guess we'll see what it looks like once Mark takes it out, but we might just end up buying the same shower we already have. :( We also went looking for blinds for the two upstairs bedrooms. There aren't any on the windows right now so at night the neighbors can see right in. Luckily I'm not too shy. :) The blinds we found were the PERFECT color to match the wood floors, but guess what, yup they were too short. Our windows are 57" wide, but the shades are only sold up to 48" wide. Poop again. We did accomplish a few small things. We picked out a potential paint color for the bathroom (see below for further discussion), a poinsettia, and some pots for the aloe plant I adopted from Mark's mom this weekend that like Crystal's is overgrowing its lovely home. So small victories. :)

So back to the paint. While at HD we picked out a lovely shade of green for the bathroom and bought a quart amount to bring home and see what it looked like. Now when Mark was redoing the upstairs bathroom he bought 3 gallons of paint before finding a suitable color (hence the reason we bought the quart). So in addition to the one we bought we have gray, VERY light blue, and light purple. Captain planet thinks we should just use one of the ones we have, but I don't like any of them. So we currently have 4 colors painted on a part of the wall and near the floor. The gray and light blue have been eliminated from the competition so we are currently debating between the green and the purple. I like the green, Mark likes the purple and the battle will continue tonight. Stay tuned for more home improvement updates...considering how Mark and I work together this could get interesting.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Ooo, I can't wait to hear what happens next!

alanna rose said...

Go green, purple rooms are hard to decorate.

Also, you can buy tester size bottles of paint, they only come in one finish, but there is a lot less waste.