where you feel like you can't do anything better than anyone else?? Yesterday was one of those days for me. Now this is how I figure it works, if you're really good at something then people won't feel like they need to tell you how to do it. Let's analyze my life based on that assumption.
Work
Now I'm not an expert on electronics or anything that I work with here in the lab so I rely on the engineers to give me the technical information I need and then I write. I've always considered myself to be a good writer, with a good eye for design, but lately it seems that one engineer in particular thinks it's a good idea to tell me how to do my job. I have yet to miss a deadline, provide inaccurate information, or basically screw up on anything that was under my control. So what I don't understand is why he feels like it's his right to tell me how to do my job and manage my workflow. GGGGRRRRR... I'm also having difficulties working with this person because he acts like a 2 year old when he gets upset. It makes it really hard to work with him.
Life
So I know that I'm not a fantastic cook (stop laughing Sam). But I've been trying really hard lately to make good, healthy meals for Mark and I. I put time into planning and grocery shopping so that the food we have is yummy. Well, last night I decided to try and make Stephie's pulled pork recipe from the AGD site because she said it was super easy and yummy. This is my second attempt to use a crock pot and it's my second failure. When I got home the meat was dried out and the sauce was burnt to the crock pot. It seems like nearly everything I make turns out OK or bad, it's never really spectacular. So maybe it's possible that I'm just not meant to cook, but I'm actually starting to enjoy it.
So those have been my dramas lately. Nothing too crazy I guess, but it's been enough to frustrate me immensly. In other news...
Mark is leaving on Friday for Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada to hike with his boys for the week so I'll be all by my lonesome next week. :(
I've been taking these new Lactose Intolerance pills that I found at the drug store and yesterday I ate cheese without getting sick. Score one for me!! We'll see how it goes over the next week or so, but it's looking good. :)
The Minnesota State Fair starts tomorrow!! I can hardly wait until Sunday when I'm going. I LOVE the state fair. You can get so many wonderful things on sticks there and the atmosphere is so much fun. I wait all summer for the fair!!!
I lost my driver's license, credit card, and debit card last Thursday. :( I put my case on the back of my car at the gas station and forgot to grab it before I drove off. Oops. Hopefully everything comes in the mail soon. I feel kind of naked without them.
I suppose that enough of an update for now. Sorry I've been such a slacker about posting, but I have been keeping up with everyone else.
Ciao!!
23 August 2006
do you ever just have those days...
Posted by randi at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
The crock pot can be tricky, what did you have the temp set at?
Don't let little things like that get you down, I think you're doing a great job with your new diet issues, you should be VERY proud of yourself, it's not an easy task to take on.
I love fairs. Please eat an elephant ear for me, cotton candy, corn dog, snow cone, and that should about do it.
Next year I am going to have to go to a fair.
As for the engineer, talk to him or talk to your boss about him. Maybe you could ask him if you have done something wrong that doesn't allow him to trust you. If he says no, then ask him to give you space and have confidence in your ability to do your job correctly and successfully. Sometimes people just have to have control over every aspect of a proect or job.
As for cooking, I always find making roast in the crock pot is easy. I add some water, half a roast, carrots, potatoes, beef bullion, and onions...then cook all day long on med. Hang in there....I suck at cooking and you do get better!!
I set it on low for 9 hours and then it sat on warm for 3 hours. I think it might have been on warm for too long. I might try it on a weekend and see what happens.
Hey miss smarty pants, it should be "Mark and me," not "Mark and I." LOL. Just kidding. You know that, right? :) I love to tease my midget.
And.. maybe your crockpot's lid isn't on all the way. I know that could make the food dry out.
You should go and see the butterheads. They always make me laugh!!!
Randi, you will get better at cooking as you continue to do it, so don't worry. Plus, I am sure Mark loves it, even if sometimes he acts like he doesn't. If it wasnt for your cooking, he'd probably eat frozen dinners and McDonalds FAR more often! You are, single handedly, saving him from clogged arteries later in life. :)
I have a life like that. Oh yes, what Kara didn't cover i will...you need a funnel cake. With lots of toppings...makes everyone feel better.
Post a Comment