That's how I would describe Labor Day weekend. :) After a later than anticipated start I made it to Superior around 6:30 where I met up with Mark and our friend Trav to head good old Houghton. We pulled into town in time for last call at the DT so of course we stopped!
Saturday morning came early (5 hours of sleep). We met up with Vickie and Dan at Victoria's Kitchen for breakfast where we able to both get spare bike tubes and leave them sitting on the table all within an hour. (Someone Trav knew was there eating and he works at Downwind. How convenient). Then we headed to Ahmeek where we hopped on the road bikes and started our all day adventure. We ended up riding from Ahmeek to Copper Harbor (including up and down Brockway) and back. All total it was 66 miles. It definitely wasn't the best ride of my life. I had a stomach ache for the first half of the ride and was just beat the second half. I wasn't ready for it...I admit it. :) I hadn't ridden in 2 weeks because of my neck. But, I did it. :) That's all that matters. After riding we stopped (in all our incredible sexiness) at a bar in Calumet for a quick one then back to the hotel to shower and change. Dinner was on the patio at the Ramada with Heather, Jericho, and Kevin. :) It was SUPER fun and gorgeous out. Then off to the DT for some more fun. The night ended early for me because I was beat after a day of riding, but I still got to hang out and chat with a lot of people.
Sunday was another day of fun. Mark and Trav headed out in the morning to mountain bike the tech trails so I met up with a couple girls for breakfast and some catching up. When the guys got back we headed up to Copper Harbor for the Fat Tire mountain bike race and spent a few hours sitting by the side of the trail watching guys either crash and burn or make it down this really crazy hill. After the race we hung out, had some drinks, and dinner at the Mariner. It was a good time.
Yesterday we got up, the guys headed out mountain biking again and I hopped on my road bike and rode the trail by the water. After some showers and packing we were on the road around 1.
Now I'm back in the cities waiting for some things to happen. Things I'm not ready to talk about on here yet, but hopefully they're going to make things better. :)
02 September 2008
super fun...
Posted by randi at 11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment